Monday, May 4, 2009

What's a girl to do....

When her sister bff is away at school?

The answer is obvious.....make a paper replica.

Meet Paper Lucy.
Paper Lucy was created by Elsie one day while Goose was at school. Elsie went in to clean her room. After she was done she started working on a project, the rest-as they say-is history and Paper Lucy was born.

Elsie's creation was flat Paper Lucy. She just lounged on the bed all day, I guess it was fitting considering she was dressed in Lucy's robe and PJ's. When the Real Lucy got home from school she was highly impressed and very flattered. Pretty soon flat Paper Lucy became mobile Paper Lucy. She was stuffed with a towel, her head and hands were pinned on and she was ready to be transported where ever the girls wanted to play.

Paper Lucy was a great gal. Those two and a half days she was with us will always be treasured. Mostly she stayed in the girls room, occasionally she would venture out to the family room- she wanted to feel like a part of the family. The tragic mistake Paper Lucy made that lead to her demise was her inadvertent decision to find her way onto my bed.

That's right, you guessed it, I sat on Paper Lucy. Now, in all fairness I think we could have rushed her into the paper doctors and saved her life....but, remember those pins that were her life line? Did I mention the type of pin used? We're talking straight pins, my friends, NOT safety. There were a lot of them. And I sat on most of them. Paper Lucy was a danger to society. She had to go.

How ever.....
This whole thing got me to thinking-
How does Paper Mom sound??
I know, she might be a bit of a slacker.
Maybe she could just pull it off for an afternoon here or there....
Whadaya think??

8 comments:

jen said...

Ouch!! Straight pins?? Yes, she definitely had to go. I think Paper Mom is a great idea!! It could come in real handy during the long, hot summer when the kids are driving you nuts! Hhmmm...maybe I need a Paper Mom at my house...

andrea said...

your blog never, ever fails to amuse. I am laughing/crying over here. For real. I am just sorry I never got to meet paper Lucy before her demise...

sometimes life is so unfair.

Megs said...

Your poor bottom!!! Durn straight pins! The whole paper sister bff is GENIUS! Paper Sister always lets you choose what game to play, never takes your toys, never argues with you...basically the PERFECT Sis!! ;D Love it!
Such a great imagination! See, your lack of desire for all things crafty doesn't your twerps any less crafty!! :D Paper Lucy is very cute, and so much fun!!!!!
I swear your kids are a RIOT!!! I can't wait until my girls get together with yours...it will be CRAZY, :D YAY for your kids!

I like the Paper Mom idea...perhaps I will just make a paper mom head and tape it to my face so I can nap all day...yeah, it could work...hummmmmmm...

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Sometimes I wish paper mom could just fill in for the day, while this mom disappears. Just for a day though (or maybe 2).

stace said...

ohhhh, I LUV the idea of paper mom. Can she visit my house too? I don't mind if she is all straight pins.

Natalie Nelson said...

Paper mom sounds like great idea. I think for me it would be nice to have a paper Porter and William once in a while though. They could just lounge in front of the T.V. without any fighting or screaming. I wouldn't miss not having them around and still get some things done around the house without having a 24 lb weight tugging on one leg and a 40+ lb weight on the other complaining of hunger pains constantly.

annebabe said...

paper mom sounds like a winning idea! try her out for awhile at your house, see how it goes and then shove her off across the field to my house. :)

and isn't that the SWEETEST thing for elsie to make a paper lucy? so heartwarming. what darling friends/sisters.

staci said...

Can I be next on the list for Paper mom's services??

I agree with Anne too about cute Elsie making Paper Lucy....SOOOOOO cute!!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.