Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life Changes...

Are we ready for them, Moms?

Summer is almost upon us--we are at T minus three days and counting down here. School is just about out, although I don't know that what we have been doing for the last few weeks would really fall under the umbrella of 'school' as far as learning goes. It's been party-full!!
Honestly, I'm good with whatever...someone is willing to keep my kiddos and they are happy to go. Party your little hearts out, my friends.

Yes, time to rearrange my priorities for the next two and a half months. Goodbye routine. Hello chaos! The most I can hope for is controlled chaos. :) I do think that is manageable, we plan to stay busy -- trips to Idaho, visitors coming here, lot's-O-pool time, swim days with friends, weekly library day, throw in a camping trip or two and last but not least...summer chores! Yup, that should just about do it. One summer full of fun is on the docket!

Speaking of summer chores (or chores of any sort really)...they are so not my favorite thing. The neurotic OCD beast that lives inside my head just wants to do it all herself and HER way. But, alas, that is not an option for the reasonable farmgirl that lives in reality with five children whom she wants to raise to some day be contributing members of society. For her, kids doing chores is a must!! Doing them right? (And by right I mean the way that I do them- Hey, I'm the expert in this joint!) Well, that's a work in progress.

I like to refer to my age old motto:
Summer is just a continual lowering of my cleanliness standards.
And then one day they go back and I'm once again Queen of the Kingdom.

FYI- I really do have a cleaning party for myself the first week they go back to school. :o)

3 comments:

SchoMan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mer said...

From the teacher - thank goodness its almost over - the kids are driving me crazy!!! (not yours of course, since I don't have them in class . . .) but lets just say mrs. moffett's supply of nice is running perilously low . . .

Sarah said...

I am officially inviting you to a cleaning party at my house. And you're the only guest. I (heart) you!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.