Friday, May 15, 2009

Food. Food. Glorious Food.

There was some good eat'n to be done. We ate. We ate lots. And we ate well.

We were told Dim Sum was a must try. I am glad we gave it a whirl. We went to Hang Ah, the oldest restaurant in China Town to get it. I'm pretty sure the last time they redecorated was some time in the 40's. Check out that atmosphere.
I got some sort of rice/pork/steamed veggie thing. Not bad--although I didn't care too much for the smell of the seaweed broad leaf contraption it was cooked in.
Mike got a shrimp/veggie something.
Little did we know it was prepared in a placenta sac....
It didn't taste bad, just fairly gross to eat.

Boudins.
Fantastic!! We made a meal of sourdough bread and butter. Mmmmm. Dee-Lish!!
We were frequenters at Boudins.

Cheesecake Factory.
I know, it's available closer--doesn't matter--Love this place.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Carmelle Cheesecake.
That's pretty much all you need to know.

Breakfast at a lovely cafe named Roxanne's. Tasty blueberry muffin and hot chocolate that rivaled Bear Paw. Mike had a Belgian waffle that was mighty fine, too.

*Side Note*
Eating was a big deal. I decided early on I needed a plan. Slow and steady wins the race, right? That was my motto. I had to pace myself. I tried to eat small amounts so that I would be good to go again as soon as we hit our next destination. It worked out pretty well for me. :)
So, basically, I was constantly eating because we were constantly moving.

This next bit is really important.
I need you to know--
I found the Mother Ship.
And she was calling me home.
Ghiradelli Square.
There are three different chocolate shops. They all give out free samples. I hit each of them four times. We also hit the ice cream parlor....purty durn good!!
Just makes me happy thinking about it. :)

At Pier 39 there was also some good eats. We had crepes, none too shabby.
Then we stumbled onto this little gem of a place.
I know, my eyes are closed, but I felt you all needed to see the place you should search out if ever the opportunity arises. Trish's Mini Doughnuts. Hot. Fresh. Sugar & Cinnamon. Delectable.
Okay, we may have frequented this place too. ;)

Definitely a thumbs up!! That might be a bucket of 36 doughnuts. What?? We didn't eat them all....in one sitting. What's wrong with that? It was our last day--we had to live it up, baby!

We searched out some Italian food. It was pretty high on Mike's priority list. We randomly chose this spot. We lucked out!Fantastico'.
Seriously. Good grub! We started with the Brochette. Ahhh, gooood. Mike ordered the crab ravioli with asparagus and leaks in a cream tomato sauce. A hit! I ordered a chicken mushroom panini. Score again!

Just to round out the eating experience we also dined at the lovely and super classy McDonald's in Haight-Ashbury. A pleasure. We went ahead and got fries on the side instead of pot. We're so boring that way.

Some lovely little pastries at the hotel cafe and that just about covers the eating portion of our tour.

Are ya still with me, World?
One more post and I think we are gonna have this trip in the bag. :D


5 comments:

jen said...

I am love love loving the virtual vacation. Hearing about all the yummy food you guys ate is making me hungry! I am taking notes of all the restaurants you guys enjoyed so I am ready for our trip there later this summer.

You totally made me laugh with your run in with birds, the Schizophrenic people hater and the mannequin/dancer. LOL. You guys packed a lot of things into your three days. Glad you guys had fun.

Megs said...

OK, I gained 5lbs just READING that post! HA!! Sounds like you guys had SOOOOOOO much fun! Man, I don't even remember what it is like going to restaurants without the kids! :D So cool.
It all sounds so awesome, bread, doughnuts, chocolate, Italiana, cafe's, yummy!
Oh and um...a placenta sac?...
[sound of me hurling]
that is sooo freakin' DIRTY!!!!
ugh.
;)
I am glad your tummy was happy!

andrea said...

you were in Haight-Ashbury and didn't order the pot? yawn.

so glad to see this post...I vacation only to eat. It's always a highlight.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I am hungry now! I'll comment later when I am done scavenging my house for anything that might resemble the yummy goodness you just described.....wait I've got nothing.

staci said...

Love the food tour! Looks like you guys did it all in San Fran! Good for you! You deserve it!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.