Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Farmgirl, the running fool.

I know reading about random stuff that only has to do with just me, myself and I can be a bit boring--However, I really wanted to give a quick update on the running.

I'm pretty much a freak'n rock star!

I don't really consider myself a 'runner'. I never have. I did run the St. George marathon a few years back, I use the term 'run' loosely. We walked a lot. I was always so intrigued with the idea of doing a marathon that I put it on my 'Before I Die' list and just did it. Finishing was nothing short of amazing- absolutely awesome!

So, just to recap:
Little Idaho Farmgirl decides to be a pseudo runner, talks her sweet husband into the craziness as well, trains with a bad knee for four months, has a not-so-great race day but finishes, accomplishes a huge life goal and is very happy and satisfied to never really run again.

Fast forward a few years when Farmgirl watches her sister and brother finish the Wasatch Back. And the running itch returns. That was last summer. Those itches come and then they go. No running occured in my life (minus chasing children) until about a month ago.

It's been going pretty good. Amanda and I got some good runs in while she was down here.
This morning I had a major break through....
I ran 4.8 miles in 47 minutes.
Do the math, people--that's UNDER a ten minute mile!!
I told you I'm pretty much a freak'n rock star, didn't I!?!
And just so you can all be even more impressed by my awesomeness--this run included some serious hill climbing. For all you local yolkals, I ran into old Santa Clara and back up the highway coming from the Jacob Hamblin home.
I have never run under a ten minute mile.
I know, you are all blown away by my quick footed skill!

This was a good running day. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hello Speedy-Mc'Speedster! Wish I could see you in your running glory, but you're just a blur as you pass by . . .

Amanda said...

I am udderly amazed!! You are GREAT! Nice job, I am going to go ahead and count that for my run this morning too. I was unable to get a run in before I came up to the salon again. So yes, I am counting that as mine, I am such a running fool! Under 10 min mile, I amaze myself. Go me (oh and you MAN nice job!)

Fonzareli said...

2 thumbs up for farmgirl! AMAZING!!

jen said...

I am so impressed. You are a rock star for sure!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Wowwwww! Sometimes it just feels so great to accomplish something all for yourself!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Sometimes I try to tell myself that if I take the time to work out, then I'll be a better mom, etc..... You know, just repeating what I learn on Oprah. But, when the truth be told, I do it because I love it, and I love to get away from everyone and everything, and just concentrate on myself!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.