Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This is Big. B.I.G.-- I tell ya-- BIG news.

All right every one, sit down. Are you sitting? (Okay, that may be kind of a dumb question-if you are at your computer you are most likely sitting, no?.)
This is huge.
Mike and I....
are you ready for this? I mean are you really ready??
Mike and I.....
are taking a trip to San Fransisco!!
I am beyond excited!
We shant be gone for long- 3 days 2 nights. Heck, I don't really care! My expectations are fairly low considering the number of trips we have planned out and taken. Let me add those up real quick in my head for you...just to give you a rough idea....let's see.....humbadee...humbadee.....add 2 carry the 1...minus our honeymoon, ya that would be ZERO!
Anne, I have already printed out and perused blog entries -all 13 pages- of yours and Staci's trip. I am scouting out any and all information, great things to do, must see places, to die for food, you get the idea. I want to be prepared! And since these things only come around every 15 years, I plan to make the most of it!
So, if you have any great insight--even if you are not a regular commenter...
Help a sista out!

To quote an earlier entry (not to mention a great movie):
I feel good. I feel great. I feel wonderful.

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is so exciting! You will love it!

Mer said...

We have a trip planned there in october, so let me know what cool things you find that we should add to our travel plans:) and have a fabulous time!

annebabe said...

OH MY GOSH!!! this is epic!! groundbreaking!!! SOOOO exciting! when are you going???

and the "let me add those up real quick in my head for you" that whole diddy there, brilliant. laughed out loud.

jen said...

Yay! That is very big news! I am really excited for you guys. Come on, where's the details- when are you going, who is watching the kids etc. etc.?? So fun. Dallin and I might go to San Fran sometime this summer too. You'll have to tell us all the great places to see and eat. Anyways, I am so happy you guys are taking a vacation away from the kids!

staci said...

Congrats on taking the plunge and getting away!! You definitely deserve it Farmgirl! You will have a blast in San Fran!! Can't wait for the blog post!!!

Fonzareli said...

No one is dishing out the ideas so I'm goin' out on a limb and gonna suggest riding the rice a roni trolly. Just so you can say you did. HAVE A BLAST!!!

andrea said...

What? Are you leaving paper mom in charge?

Congratulations friend. You deserve a break. Have fun!!!

Megs said...

Holy Crap, for just a sec I thought you were announcing #6...and I my eyes almost popped out of my head! ROFL!!!
I am so glad you are planning your getaway, you sure deserve it! I haven't been to San Fran, but Josh says it is a great place to visit- I am excited for you! Make sure you take lots of pics so that I can experience a vacation thru the fabulous exploits of FARMGIRL!!!
(that last phrase totally sounded like a comic book hero, huh?!
hummmmmmm...
Not long ago in a kitchen not so far away......A woman works....
FARMGIRL!!!!!...righter of wrongs, scrubber of messes, grounder of children, kicker of butts, fixer of owwies, planner of vacations....
yeah, I like it. ;D )

Sarah said...

You're booked and everything? Right? I did refuse to return from Cali without a confirmation of your trip--it's my passive aggressive way of making sure you're actually taking the trip. Next week. So I may have to hide out in my house until I see a copy of those e-tickets my friend. And I wish we were coming too :(

Cool Dad said...

Well...lets see...I would suggest going to Alcatraz, but you just escaped one prison why would you want to go to another? So, I guess you could see the Golden Gate Bridge, the Presidio, Fisherman's Wharf, The Cannery, maybe Chinatown, the Embarcadero Center, etc. OR you could just curl up in a hotel room and SLEEP IN. The nice thing about a vacation without kids is that it is WITHOUT kids. Enjoy.

Hot Mom said...

It is going to be so fun! Who cares what you see. You don't have to wipe anybody's anything for three whole days.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.