Thursday, May 21, 2009

On my toes.

Grant is CRAZY!!
His mischief level is off the charts lately. Since this morning he has:

~Made his own pancakes. Climbed on the counter, plugged in the griddle and poured the batter.
~Done a little ironing. Climbed the washer, fetched the iron, climbed down, plugged it in and ironed the wood floor. (Luckily I heard the sizzle before any real damage was done)
~Dolled himself up. This is an every day occurrence, he loves my make up drawer.
~Worked in the garage. This is at least an hourly occurrence. Today he climbed up, found some duct tape and taped a bunch of tools together.
~Mowed the lawn. Grateful am I that he has not figured out how to start it...yet.
~Last but not least, replaced a tile on the roof. ON THE ROOF!!!

Mike was up there for about two minutes to fix a tile on the other side, came back over the top and there was our boy. This kid is unbelievable!! (Mike being the supportive blog husband that he is, was quick to tell me to go get the camera)

Heaven help us--and him!

*Sarah, do you need a death defying crazy man to join your circus. He has many, MANY talents.

8 comments:

jen said...

Holy cow!!!!! I don't even know what to say! You have got to be on your toes with that little guy. But, think of what a little helper he will be when he gets older.

Kristina P. said...

Holy crap! Glad he didn't die!

Fonzareli said...

You've already gotten comments with the first 3 words that came to mind. Let me remind you of what those are. DAMN, HOLY and CRAP! I'll go ahead and add a SHIT to the list. Carry on.

Megs said...

YIKES!!! I am suprised Mike didn't have a heart attack when he came back over and found Evil Kinevil Jr. up on thr roof with him!!! LOL
Perhaps you should take up Yoga, or some kind of deap breathing excercises so you don't have some kind of anxiety freak-out! HA!! Or easier than that...just put a bell on Grant, then you can track his movements...OOOooooo no, a GPS locator! Even better...LOL!!!(Ok, I know I watch too much CSI)
Hot Irons? Cooking? Roofing? Tools?
I have one word...
AAAAAaaarrrrrRRRgGGGgggHHhhhhhhHh!!

And how AWESOME is that handsome hubby of yours to tell you to go get the camera!!! LOVE IT!! That pic will be IMMORTAL, and one of those family stories he will have to hear FOREVER!!!! LOL

Perhaps you should put Grant through Stunt Guy school, so he knows how to stay safe on his many adventures...or lock him in the basement...I might opt for option 2! LOL
Hang in there girl! :D

Ginger said...

Might I suggest Aflac? We have become very firm believers in a little additional insurance. WOW!

Sarah said...

Your kid is such a one-upper. Just when I thought MY kids were the best at trying to do themselves in, Grant shows them all up.

Ironing? Hot Griddle? Roof? Seriously???? I am pulling an Andi Wittwer and exclaiming, "OH MY HANNAH!" Grant is pretty awesome to have the skills to tackle such tasks. Not your average 2 year old you've got there :)

Hot Mom said...

The Jones family likes it. Mostly because it isn't our roof or our kid. Way to go Grant.

Anneke said...

Oh dear. That makes me tired just reading it. How do you do anything besides follow that kid around with bubble wrap?
Thank goodness for kids though to keep life interesting.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.