Saturday, January 2, 2010

Still there???

It feels like quite a while since I have been in the blogging swing of things.
Want to know why?

Here's the thing:
(Okay, let's be honest, it's more than one thing...don't forget who's talking here.)

Reason #1
~I have thoroughly enjoyed the kid's break from school.

During Christmas break and Spring break I have no motivation to get us into any sort of schedule, and I like it that way.
It's just sort of a free for all.
Which, I can handle for a short amount of time.
Grant has turned over a new leaf.
Instead of coming into our room and whining at 5 am for a drink of milk and a tractor movie,
he comes in a 5 am and climbs in next to me and falls back to sleep.
Soooo much better.
I am a girl that slept until 7:45 yesterday.
Woo Hoo!!

Reason #2
~Having no real schedule means that:

In my head, I (at some point during the day) will find time to read, blog or possibly even nap.
In reality, we have breakfast late, halfheartedly do chores, and spend the day just hanging out.
Because, while I am okay with the no schedule, and even okay with cleaning around children, I still think my house should be pulled together.
And since that never really comes to pass, I never sit down to blog (or read.or nap).
The thing I fail to take into consideration is that while my children, and multiple other children, are here all day MY HOUSE WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.
So, what have we learned here, kiddies?
During Christmas and Spring break-
Don't even bother.
Just relax.
Blog, read, and nap to your hearts content.

Reason #3
~The plethora of pictures I have were trapped in my camera.

Yes, trapped.
I have many pictures and lovely commentary.
They were trapped because, shocker!, the cord thingy is lost.
Why don't you just use the card reader on your computer?, you ask.
That's broken.
Awesome.
So there's the dilemma.
Who came up with a solution????
That would be me.
Let's take a moment to remember this momentous occasion, shall we?
I put the card in the printer!
I know, I'm such a genus sometimes I surprise myself.
You know what this means, right?
I'm gonna be back to my good ol' blogging self next week.
With pictures and every thing.
Does it get any more exciting than this?

Probably not.

3 comments:

Hot Mom said...

Well I am excited. Let's face it folks. You all need to update your blogs (do not insert pot kettle black comments here). I have been home with a sick child for TEN days, that is right TEN days, and I need some reading enjoyment.

annebabe said...

Can I just copy and paste your post onto my blog? Because I am feeling very much the same way. Kids out of school equals no schedule which equals chaos. Chaos can be good and bad but the no regular reading/blogging/ time to myself part really sucks. I am more than just a little bit happy that you'll be back to regular blogging and the kids will be back to school tomorrow. :)

Amanda said...

you really are pretty weird! But I love it! It was sooo good to see you over Christmas. Get your photos and commentary up and blogging soon would ya?

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.