Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Holidays.

In a word, Lovely.
We certainly did enjoy ourselves a Merry Little Christmas.
The whole break was quite enjoyable.
Wanna rundown?
Well, alrighty then- let's get on with it.
I'll just hit the highlights, you can thank me later.

Here the kiddies are lined up pre-craziness Christmas morning.
This may be my new favorite picture of them.
I don't really know why, I guess it captured a little bit of all of them.
Okay, maybe not Adam so much he was rousted out of bed about 90 seconds prior.
That's the Santa wrapping/wall paper in the back there, best idea EVER!!
Wrapping the wall = No listening all night for stray chiltens sneaking a peak =
Sleep for Mom = Yeah Sleep!!!

On the 26th we loaded up for a trip to visit Winter.
We found Winter.
Side Note: Winter does not live here.
This was very clear once we returned and realized we have NOTHING to complain about.
Nothing.

We ate, played games, ate, visited, ate, watched movies,
did I mention the food?
Hmmm,mmmm a trip to Idaho always involves great food and fun.


Here's the cousins getting ready for a tubing adventure.
Nothing says fun like four giant tubes and sixteen kids behind a tractor in a field.


Really though, let's be honest, the most adventurous thing was the drive home.
What normally takes us 6+ hours took us roughly 9.
Nine hours.
That's a long time.
That does include a pit stop in Salt Lake at Mike's parents house,
but still, Nine Hours.

How'd we fair?
Well, after about six hours of driving I whipped out the old camera
so you could all relive it with us, your welcome.

First of all, meet the best driving companion ever.
And by companion I mean guy across the road.
Yes, it is a slow go traveling with him-
but, seriously, I love the snow plow guys.
Here's to you, Snow Plow Man!
Thanks for hitting the roads and blazing a trail.


Bored, any one?
Well, besides me. Who decided to start taking self portraits.

Let's just check why don't we.


Adam? Nope.
Had his nose DEEP into the Hunger Games the whole drive.
p.s. If you haven't read that book...it's mighty good and intense.



Grant? Nope.
Made himself a Cheerio quarry with his jacket and beloved tractors.



Girls? Okay, maybe marginally.
Plenty of snacks, movies and drawing kept them somewhat entertained.


We drove home through a fair amount of this...
Slightly treacherous?
Somewhat.

Detoured the kids from anything else from time to time?
Definitely.


Nervous?
Couldabeen, however...

Not so much with this guy behind the wheel.
Nicely done, Mikey.
Nicely done.

So, here we are 2010.
The kiddos all back in school and life returning to whatever normal is.

I'm gonna go ahead and say after 2009 I'm excited to see what 2010 has in store for us.
Bring it on, Baby.
Farmgirl's got her game on.

7 comments:

whirligigdaisy said...

I mostly love the holidays when they're over. What is wrong with me?!

stace said...

ooohhh...that snow tubing looks fun though bouncy rides and me are not such great friends anymore.

Glad I wasn't in the car. I am seriously scared of snowy travel.

Fonzareli said...

"Bring it on, Baby???" You make cute babies so I say YEAH! BRING IT!

farmgirl said...

Fonz, You are clearly reading into that that phrase...No literal Babies here. Nope, not a one. But, thanks for asking. :) ...And for saying I have cute babies.

annebabe said...

Firstly, that photo of you in the van is simply fabulous. I'm sensing a new facebook profile pic . . . seriously. Secondly, food and family are THE elements that constitute a good time. the end. amen. Thirdly, that's awesome that Adam is reading The Hunger Games. He excitedly told me the third book in the series comes out on his birthday. Love those fellow bookworms. And lastly, your christmas morning photo of your offspring *might* be new favorite picture, including any of my own children. its that spectacular. :)

staci said...

Amen to Anne's comment about that self taken picture. So cute & sassy! Loving the tubing behind the tractor. Looks like so much fun! Glad you guys made it home in 1 piece after all that snowy driving! Ugh!

andrea said...

um love that the holiday recap pictures are mostly from the car. That's where all the memories are anyway!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.