Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Laundry

I think there is a special place in Heaven for those of us who dredge through the daunting task of Laundry.
And not just any old Laundry, Family Laundry.
Those who boldly go where no one wants to--
those who are willing reach into mysterious pockets,
to turn right side out peed in pants,
to separate, sort, spray and pre-treat.
Those who devote countless hours, who day after day, week after week, month after month, load after load continue on; carrying the torch of clean apparel for their loved ones.
Those who are willing to accept the fact that this job will NEVER be done.
Those who continue to nurture and care for people who do not seem to understand the intricacies of clean verses dirty clothes.
Those who continue to cherish people who place dirty clothes in the closet or under the bed, people who return clean clothes to the hamper.
Those who gather, sort, treat, wash, swap, fold.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
And to those who iron on a regular basis or do
 "farm clothes" laundry....well,
.....I think you should be exalted right now.
Laundry-doers across the Globe: I salute you.
Take a bow.

And now, go do the Laundry--
your chariot awaits.

5 comments:

annebabe said...

best line- "carrying the torch of clean apparel for their loved ones." As I finished up day 2 of non-stop laundry duty (you know the kind where you pause in the kitchen and think, yep, the dryer's stopped, time to hurry and switch loads) I was thinking along the same lines of your post. except yours is upbeat and cheery and mine was more on the bitter and unappreciated side. thanks for setting me straight. I'll carry my torch a little higher today!

Natalie Nelson said...

As I read this I think of the piles I have awaiting me. Gee, thanks for reminding me (said sarcastically).

whirligigdaisy said...

Amen.

Anneke said...

I love you.

mn_cnking said...

I am so happy thgat I do not have to drag out the 2 washing tubs and fill and then spend the whole day washing - Mother did make it fun though - I love my auto washer machine -

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.