Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring has Sprung

...well, it's springing any way.  But not today.  Today it is raining.
What happens when Spring is springing???
Spring Fever.
What's the cure?
Ohhh....lots of projects.
Projects in the house and in the yard, just all kinds of fantasticness.

So, I had this problem.  The problem was called
"What to do with stinky chore clothes and milking boots?"
This was a big problem.  I don't have a mud room or anything like unto it.
The kids come in and out the back door down stairs, the back door that is part of the family room.  It was an unorgansized  mess.  And we all know how I feel about those.
I just KNEW I could come up with something.
Some way to solve this little problem the WWMD (what would macgyver do) way.

The solution?  These: 





Beautiful, right?  They'd been tucked away in the barn by our house for who knows how long.  Word on the street is they'd been here since my folks bought the place years and years ago.  I got the okey dokey from the folks and away we went.
With a bit of elbow grease and paint they turned into these:


TA-DAH!! 
Do you love them?  Well, I do.  And they're in my house so that's what matters.


 And look at that...Adam made a shelf to further organsize the boots.

Yay!!  Love a good project.
And I love that the project was just sitting around waiting to be discovered.
And I love that Adam got so involved.  He's a mighty handy guy.

More to come on all the projects going on around here.
Try to stay calm and keep your excitement at a minimum.

6 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I prefer the cobweb version. Character, right? I'm pleased to see that your kids are learning the ways of the farm. I'm sure this makes your dad happy.

Pat said...

Well I will try and contain my excitement, but it is going to be difficult, just so you know. I am very impressed and those lockers just might resemble a certain blue color I associate with a certain university, which shall remain nameless even though we all know the name of it.

Two thumbs up, and way to go. MacGyver would be very very proud, I have no doubt.

Mindy said...

LOVE IT!!! We just moved, and I am in need of some handy dandy lockers like you found. I am not sure what to do with little boys and all their dirty clothes and shoes and boots....the list goes on.
No yard + living next to grandpa's farm = DIRT, DIRT, DIRT!

I'm on the look our for something as spectacular as you created! How did you know?! Thanks for the inspiration, Mary Ann!

annebabe said...

organsized, less dirt and happy blue color. WIN FOR FARMGIRL!

whirligigdaisy said...

Organization is not my best feature, but I'm trying to do better. I love that there are people out there who are good at this, even if I am not one of them. :)

whirligigdaisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.