Friday, March 16, 2012

The Joyful Week. Day 4

It's actually the beginning of Day 5, but I didn't get to this last night....so here you go.
Day 4:
*No school for the kiddos today.  Our normal 3 day weekend is a 4 day weekend.  Today that was joyful, by Sunday night I might be singing a different song.
*The weather was beautiful.  Started some work in the yard today; planned where we are putting the garden, the kids (mostly Adam) started digging holes for some trees we are transplanting from my mom's. 
I began the project by asking Adam if he had read the book Holes.
 'Yes.' 
Was it a good book? 
'Yes.' 
Did you see the movie? 
'Yes.' 
Did you like the movie? 
'Yes.' 
How would you like a real life experience? 
'Nice, Mom--very sneaky way to get me to dig the holes.' 
Thank you, Dear.  I thought so too.
*The calves were out this morning.  The girls and Grant collected them (and they were quite scattered) and corralled them at the end of the corn pit until we were ready to get them back where they belong. 
*Hard working kids bring me joy.
*Excedrine.  The ability to curb a headache, even for a few hours, brings me joy.  It's already starting to work again this morning....yeah for the good drugs!

That's it for now, off to find the joy for today.
:0)

1 comment:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wow I am very impressed with all the joy going on at your place, and even more your ability to spot it. I bet we could all benefit from the same kind of exercise. And I liked your way of getting your planting project started also. A plus mom moment.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.