Monday, April 5, 2010

Ya, ya, ya. I know, I know....

I'm a super lame blogger.
I gotta be honest with you...I really didn't see this one coming.
I really like to blog.
What's my deal???

I am barely keeping my head above water, that's my deal.

I had a schedule change (in one of the many irons in the fire) after spring break and truth be told, I am not adapting as fast as I would like to.

Come on, Self! Come on!!!
Where's that old farmgirl spirit?
Farmgirl can do it. She can do anything.
Go farmgirl Go!
Organsize that life of yours right back into order.
Whip that baby back into shape.

And you want to know what else??? I'm freaking out (just marginally) because school is going to be out before I know it and I's got to get my junk in order before that blessed day arrives because we all know what controlled chaos summer break is, now don't we??

And you want to know what else??? Okay, this isn't a big one--but it's been bugging me. I should be a running fool by now, training for the Wasatch Back and all. Between this decrepit old thing I call my body, which, by the way is apparently falling apart, because I seem to sustain injuries that should only befall a 70 year old, and the fact that I am a wimp and won't run in the dark by myself and don't have the heart to wake up my sleeping prince to come for a leisurely (and I do mean leisurely) bike ride following me around the neighborhood at quarter to six in the AM and I am so freaking tired by the end of the day I don't have much get up and go left--- I am not, I repeat NOT getting the training in I want to or should be doing! And it's BUGGING ME. Grrrr.

I know there's a way to make it all fit. I just know there is.
Soooo....I guess what I am saying is I would like to feel back in control before I loose all control.
Here's to hoping that happens.

Soon.

Real soon.

Real, real soon.



.......Wish me luck.

12 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I hear you on all of the above....except for that schedule change thing. I didn't fall but my hips feel like they want to split in half....(oh and I am not trying to run, just walk.) I hear you on the whole summer thing! Ahhhhh. I think you can fit it all in and then explain it to me okay?

farmgirl said...

Sheesh, would somebody shut that farmgirl up? What a whiner!!
Maybe its okay....after all, it's my party -err i mean blog- and i can cry if i want to.

jen said...

Yes, it is your blog and you can totally cry if you want to. I am glad I am not the only one who is struggling to keep her head above water right now. We need to get together and figure out how to get our game back on. Summer is coming way too fast!! Go farmgirl go!! I know you can totally do it!

P.S. Bring that cute Grant over here. Ashton loves that boy!

Megs said...

You have just reaffirmed my love of year round school! ;) I only have to deal with the total chaos of a break from school 3-4 wks at a time! ;)
I am SOOOOO with you girl! I swear I have been having the hardest time keeping up with my 'to do' list, and schedule,hummm...schedule....huh, that word sounds familiar, I shall google it!
;D
Don't worry you will be back to your kick-butt Farmgirl self in NO time at all! Even the Farmiest of Farmgirls gets thrown off her game every so often! :D WE ARE HERE FOR YOU, so try not to be too frustrated, if ya gotta complain to us PLEASE do I will take ANY Farmgirl blog post over NO Farmgirl blog post!
I am always impressed with all that you manage to juggle-
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Mom Nelson said...

Okay Farmgirl - get a grip - this comes from your Farmgirl Mother who has been the "queen of control freaks" (in a past life). Just remember you can have it all you just can't have it all at once. I know it has been said a hundred times...but..."Enjoy the Journey". Life truly is short and there are not a lot of THINGS that really matter. Don't forget to BREATH...Life Is Good and you are doing a great job...love you :)

andrea said...

Have to admit...had a good laugh when your mom told you to get a grip, LOL. That is something I hear from my own mom, husband, friends and even kids all the time. I get it. Chaos and me don't really agree that well either. I like chaos for you though--makes you even funnier!

Hot Mom said...

I wondered where you have been hanging out. Now I know, you have been sinking to the bottom of the pool. Maybe you could come up for air for a minute...I have left over pie!!

Hang it there. This too shall pass.

Amanda said...

Well, Farmgirl, this is from the Dairy Princess (I think that is the Farmgirl version 2.0 but I'm not sure...) You're fine. One, You will adapt, so quit freaking out. Two, for summer break, just plan on coming up here for a month like you did last year over the Ragnar. Three, ice that decrepit old body of yours, take some pills and give it a little TLC instead of saying you can't. Wake up that prince, it will do him good to go for a bike ride, and get your booty out that door and run. It will make all the other crap in your life much more better if you get your run on. Promise. So there you go. I just solved all your problems. You're Welcome. :)

staci said...

I love the whining!!! I feel like I have been whining non-stop since Christmas. Don't know what my deal is. You are not alone Farmgirl! I think you are doing a pretty darn good job at life. You've got some dang good (and cute) kids and you're doing the best job you know how, which is fantastic. Now go make some cookies - because I know you love 'em and you definitely deserve one (or ten!)

ps-If you need a running partner in the evening, I'm always up for it. At the crack of dawn.....not so much. But if the evening ever works for you, I'm your gal!! :)

annebabe said...

I hear you loud and clear. What is the friggin' deal? Seriously? Its like Satan and his minions are working super hard to drag us down into the muck of misery and woe. Its downright discouraging! To echo Farmgirl Senior and Dairy Princess, you can do it!!! And really, fresh from the oven treats do a world of good. They have healed many a wounded spirit and lifted many a deflated soul.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I do wish you all the luck in the world. I hate it when that happens. But I have faith in you, you will get your groove back. I always wanted a dairy princess, you are lucky that way.

I think that being able to share with others and feel their understanding and support is one of the best things about blogging.

Wouldn't you give anything to read gread grandma smith's blog about the craziness of being widowed with six kids? I am sure you can do this, because sadly there isn't really any other option. If you find one be sure to let us know about it.

stace said...

glad to know farmgirl doesn't always have it together. Mean, I know, but it makes me feel slightly more normal.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.