Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ode to the Sunday Nap.

Sunday Nap.
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

Once upon a time, I thought taking naps was some kind of a sign of weakness.
I used to down play my love of the nap.
And the fact that I will sneak one in when ever opportunity arises.

I know now that it is a sign of wisdom.

Sunday is the one and only day that I allow myself to nap, guilt free.
It is also the one and only day that I relinquish my kitchen dinner duties completely to the masses.

While in my perfect world, almost every day would be improved with a quick 20 minute snooze-
I am completely satisfied to look forward to a nice afternoon slumber once a week.
I'm pretty sure that it was meant literally that Sunday should be a day of rest.

And you know me, I always do as I am told.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Naps are the best part of the week!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Amen sister! You said it. I agree that any time you can take a nap is a happy day.

Mom Nelson said...

Guilt free Sunday Naps are the BEST...

jen said...

Sunday naps really are the best!!

Amanda said...

I heart naps. Especially lately! You should sneak one in every chance you get! When am I ever going to see you again? Well, Happy Napping!!

Ginger said...

For me, Sunday truly is the "day of rest". I've also been known to catch a few zzz's while waiting for the masses to exit piano lessons. My theory--take what you can get when you can get it!

annebabe said...

love guilt free anything! Sunday naps are the battery re-charge we need to make it by the rest of the week. :)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.