Friday, April 16, 2010

....on the bright side.

I'm taking the lead from my sister in law, Natalie (happy birthday btw), here.
Every once in a while we just need to take stock of some positives.
Not too often, you know I don't want to turn into one of
"those kind of blogs"
where every thing is sunshine and roses all the live long day.
No need to gag myself every time I look at my own blog,
right?

So...here it goes.

On the Bright Side:
  • Grant's brilliant parents have trained him to NOT wake them up every. single. morning. at 5:30 in the AM. They got smart enough to put milk and snack in the fridge and set the T.V. the night before. Geniuses, those two are--especially his mother (it was all her idea).
  • My kiddos really are sweet. After field day I brought Lucy home early, Elsie was planning on walking home with some friends. Lucy offered to walk back to the school to make sure she would be okay walking home.
  • Mike has dropped about 15+ pounds which means he no longer snores. Yippee!
  • Our garden is looking beautiful.
  • This one is for Amanda. It's her birthday today. The bright side for her is that I decided to stick with this post instead of the "27 things Amanda loves about herself, but is just too shy to put on her own blog" post I was going to compose for her. Your welcome, MandaMoo.
  • Book club, and the Pack of Chicks are always a good time waiting to happen.

Okay, that's enough for now.
Don't want to over do it on the first time or anything.
That's some good stuff going on, wouldn't you say?
So, there you are...now, go start looking for the bright side of your day.
:o)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Hmmm, you can only think of 27 things to love about me? I thought you decided not to do that post because once that list gets started, it really never has an end to it! Thanks for the shout out sista. You do have a lot on the bright side!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am seriously bummed you didn't do the Amanda post. I loved the one you did for was it Molly?

Anyway good for you and your bright sidedness.

Natalie Nelson said...

We do the T.V. thing in the morning too. Porter is getting big enough now that he can make his own toast so we don't have to put the snack out. Love your list. I'm glad I was able to inspire you.

Fonzareli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fonzareli said...

Umm...'xcuse me, that was MY deleted comment. A little typo and it was buggin. "Anywho" I was sayin'...My bright side starts when I notice you have updated your blog. YOU. MAKE. ME. SMILE!!!

Megs said...

I second the previous comment, I LOVE when you have a new blog post up! :D Makes my day!
-I love when the kids get old enough to provide for themselves in the too-early-AM! ;) It is good for them to get back to their hunter/gatherer roots.
-Your Lucy reminds me of my Amanda, isn't it wonderful when all of our brainwashing pays off?
-Mike, you skinny thing you! Good job to that hubby of yours and YAY for no more snoring! A Farmgirl needs her rest...
-I would LOVE to see a pic of your garden, I am sure that it eclipses our little boxed in one...but I wanna seeeeeeee! ;D Come see mine on my blog, I have posted a ginormous post with far too many pics of our 'renovated' backyard!
-I know I haven't met your sis...but I love her already! You know what is weird? We have called my Amanda 'MandaMoo' since she was a baby...spoooooky! ;) My mom always called me Meggie-Moo! :D
-I need a book club, or my own Pack of Chicks, or ANYTHING that involves going out (sans kids) with the girls! Mine will probably involve crafts...but don't hate me for it!
;)
OK, your positivity is blinding me...must...turn...away...screen...too...bright!!!
I heart you...btw.

kelli said...

Laughing. Still laughing. Thanks for that.

jen said...

Way to look at the bright side. Hooray for not having to wake up at the crack of dawn with Grant anymore. And, I'm so jealous that you have a husband that doesn't snore anymore!!! I need to come see your garden. I had great plans of planting our own this year and of course it didn't materialize. Maybe next year??!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.