Thursday, April 22, 2010

Even a Blind Squirrel finds a Nut Every Once in While.

And every so often I come up with what I believe is a fantastic idea.
I'll share...

So, we all know my love of chaos.
Which, by the way, was well demonstrated this morning when I agreed to watch eight children at once.
Not including my own. See, who would do that??
Only someone who adores chaos.
And is really nice.
(p.s. I'm going to need to give Heidi one of my kidneys if she ever needs it.
She came and helped to save my sanity. Thanks.)


Ahyhoo, where was I?
Oh, yes, chaos.
What's farmgirl's least favorite part of summer?
The chaos.
And not just the kid chaos, but the whole house run by hoodlums chaos.
What's one of farmgirls pet peeves?
Okay, so we know she has a lot.
(family members: no need to list them here. kthanks.)
How 'bout a gazillion cups on the counter that apparently belong to NO ONE.
Yup, that bugs!!
Therefore each child feels the need to get out another cup every time thirst strikes them!
5 kids + 3 cups/day (bare minimum. I'm rounding down)
= 15 freaking cups on the counter!
at least 15.

Now, I know I could go the paper cup route.
The paper cup route feels wasteful to me.
We could also go the water bottle route, again- feels wasteful.
I could reuse them...
Frankly, they get disgusting and sorta gross me out.
Gee, what else could we do...??

Well,
you could be as smart as me,
go to the dollar store,
get some tumblers (3 for $1, thankyouverymuch),
and

*voila*

personalized water cups that we can run through the dishwasher every night.

Your welcome.
:o)
I do what I can for the masses.

p.s. Little tip.
They didn't actually come with the names.
Used the good ol' sharpie for that.
Aren't you glad I told you?
Now you won't need to search for cups
with your kids names already on them.
Again, your welcome.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a genius. I'm going to the dollar store. Now.

Mom Nelson said...

That's my girl...always thinking. You know when all 43 of us are here disposable plastic cups with names on them are a must!!

Hot Mom said...

Now you tell me. I was at The Dollar store for over an hour looking for a cup that said Riley.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Your cleverness once again astounds me. But I really want to know more about is the no treat week. What the What is what I say.

Amanda said...

thanks for clearing up the whole name on the cup thing. you are a farmgirl genius! what will you come up with next? i told sara to let me in on the no treat thing next time

Amanda said...

oh, I left out that I wrote that last sentence while I was eating a brownie. Maybe I should wait a few months to join any sort of deprivation of treats thing. That may just do me in. But nice work to you guys!

annebabe said...

I'm still laughing over the blind squirrel finding a nut. ahhh, you kill me.

So you're telling me not to get my hopes up of finding Grant and Lucy cups at the store? Dang. And here I was hoping we could be matchy matchy. I guess I'll just have to write Grant and Lucy on them with my sharpie at home. Wait, I shouldn't be so presumptuous, maybe Marissa wants to be Audrey or Elsie.

staci said...

Brilliant!!! Thank goodness we have you Farmgirl. You have a plethora of tips & tricks up your sleeve!!! :)

stace said...

why don't you like a million cups on your counter. I like to look at cups on my counter while I iron my underware. I don't think you are quite right my friend.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.