Monday, April 12, 2010

Best Diet Plan.

I may have stumbled onto the World's Greatest Diet.
Or,
as I like to call it:

The Hole in the Wall Diet.

That would be referring to the hole in the wall where my oven once was.
Yes, friends, my oven has died.
Let us all observe a moment of silence and pay our respects.

She owed me nothing...in the near eleven years we have been together we have created more baked goodness than I care to admit to.
Brownies, bread, rolls, cookies, cakes, bread sticks, blondies, cinnamon rolls, not to mention all the fabulous dinners--but really, it's all about the bread/sweet stuff...
We had a good run, she and I.

And, yes,
at some point, we will replace her.
Until then,
the bright side--
and I do mean the really bright side--
is this...
With no oven I cannot make all the things that have given me my beloved
"blue berry crumble" top.

This is a good, good thing.
Because clearly, I have very little will power of my own.
Actually, I am thinking my oven going kaput is the universe's way of helping me to drop this extra poundage and get ready for this race of mine.
Thanks, Universe.
I owe ya one.
;o)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

So, from when we talked earlier today, your oven went from not working so well to totally dying? I am sorry, but nice work on looking on the bright side of things. I do have to say, calling it a blue berry crumble instead of muffin top is WAY cuter! :) Now, just get out and do your running!!

farmgirl said...

Yes, in Mike's attempt to check the element the whole circuit board got fried. Awesome. To be honest, after the sparks and sizzles, I was glad it was just the oven out and Mike didn't get fried as well.

Ginger said...

From personal experience, a GE Roaster Oven works wonders on casseroles and such. We have been without a real oven for over 1 year now. It gets frustrating when I want to make cookies, but we have managed to make biscuits, brownies, cakes and the occasional pie. Just saying...

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

My condolences. Perhaps I should send you a basket of goodies to help with the greiving process. I also find peanut M&Ms work well. Just sayin.

andrea said...

Brian just happened to steal a mighty fine toaster oven from his mom's house the other night. I would happily send it over. It's only about 20 years old. I know. You can thank me later.

kelli said...

What race are you getting ready for?

I'm afraid if my oven died, it would just give me an excuse to get pizza for dinner more often.

farmgirl said...

Kelli,
Wasatch Back. June will be here before I know it. And my mileage is higher this year--total of 16.5. My longest leg is 7 miles so I need to get crackin'!

Hot Mom said...

This is how I see the next week playing out, and this is based solely on Farmgirl's need to BAKE!:

Wednesday: Farmgirl is very proud of herself for not even craving treats.

Thursday: She paces around the kitchen a little but still holds strong (secretly reveling in the fact she get treats at book club later that night).

Friday: Determination sets in, she can do this!

Saturday: Sneaks a couple of pans of cookies to a neighbors to bake.

Sunday: It is ok, she doesn't bake on Sunday anyway. This is easy, why was she even worried.

Monday: Actually locates and uses the recipe for cake in a slow cooker.

P.S. my oven is always open :)

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

That's my farmgirl....always finding the silver lining. Truth be told it sucks. I mean who else is going to make me delcious treats? Mine just never taste quite as good as yours....

p.s. It's uncool for you to loose weight as I just keep ballooning up! Your supppose to support your pregnant friend and gain weight with me.

jen said...

Oh sad! Glad you're staying positive. You know, you could always come by and use my oven...just leave a little bit of baked goodness on my counter before you leave :)!

annebabe said...

#1- way sucks, like WAY WAY WAY sucks
#2 perhaps the hole in the wall diet is the trend of the future. because, like you, my will power is zip zilch nada and the only way for me to stop eating treats would be for my oven to removed as well.
#3- I will make some condolence cookies and be over soon. :)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.