Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back in Business.

Question?

What do you need to create this?...


(I'm referring to the food in these pics, not the children.
Clearly, I've got that one figured out--
five kids, remember?
Yup, I know what it takes to create them.)
;)

(Goose is crazy. I love her.
But there is no denying that she is nuts.
I smile pretty much every time I even think about her.)


(Yes, we celebrated a birthday 'round here.
And a birthday brownie cake was requested.)



(I love my boys. They love my cookies.
It's a match made in heaven.
And they love it when I take pictures of them eating.
Especially Adam, I think it's his new favorite thing.)



(It sure is a good thing I got that whole Kid Creating thing down,
because I really do have some oh so good looking punks.)


(please try to control your jealousy over my circa 1970 plate,
i have a whole set, you know. as i said, try to control the jealousy.
it's not good to covet thy neighbors flat ware.)



But, I digress.
Now- back to the point...
what does one need to create such delectable goodness?

Ohhhh, just one of these little gems.
I was prepared to go ovenless for the long haul.
And then, well.....
Isn't great that some times life is just so good to me?
And, yes, it has been less than a week and I have made ALL of those things.
Some more than once.
What can I say??
I'm really good in the kitchen.

13 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

So hap hap happy for you and your new best friend. I'm sure you will have plenty of good times and make some good sweets together. And maybe if we are lucky we may even be able to see it in person next year in Feb. or so.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is so amazlinly awesome. And now you appreciate it even more for having been without. And I am sure your kids appreciate your amazingness in the baking department. So wonderful. I love it when we are prepared to do with out things, and then we don't have to. Definetly a bright side. And your new oven is bee-UUU-tiful. Even better.

Hot Mom said...

It's a keeper...you should probably keep the kids too since they are so dang cute.

Mer said...

I would like to live near you and partake of some of this deliciousness. Congrats on getting back in the game...

Audz said...

Ovens Rule! That's all there is to it.

Amanda said...

Oh man I really want some of all of those photos. You are a fab baker and I wish I could eat all of your delish treats. Will you bake for me when you come up, I would offer to bake for you, but I am pretty sure I would mess it up. You do remember what happened last time I baked for you. I'm just glad you love chocolate so much because those suckers had PLENTY of choc chips!!! =)

Megs said...

I would like to officially put my Family's Name on the wait-list of people wanting to be your Neighbor.
That is Barton, B-a-r-t-o-n...
I think we should also be higher up on the list cuz I have embarrassing pics of Mike back in 'the day'...just sayin' ;)
I gotta say you have got some MAD skills in the baking delicious yumminess, and cookin' up the BEAUTIFUL kids! :) ALL of your creations are beautiful!
Um...and I LOVE the stacked up cooling racks, I gotta get me some of those! :D I heart those Schoenfelds...and Farmgirl *sniffle* you are my FAVE!!!
:)

Megs said...

Oh, and WELCOME to the newest addition to your household...that is one beautiful oven! ;)

staci said...

Agreed! That sure is one good lookin' oven!! I'm sure it will be a welcome addition in your home!! Way to improvise when you needed to though!!

jen said...

My mouth is watering!! Those are some great looking treats. Oh, and the kids are cute too :). I'm so glad you are no longer oven-less!!

annebabe said...

hello little oven, welcome to the family. your arrival was much anticipated and long overdue. you have been blessed with a most wonderful family who will love and cherish you greatly. you will lead a happy life and many will benefit from your generous bounty!

Anonymous said...

My mouth is still watering over that brownie cake. What a cute idea. I too love brownies for my b-day but never thought to put them in the format of a brownie cake....genius!

KT said...

do you share your cinnamon roll recipe? i hear it's TDF. . .

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.