Monday, May 17, 2010

Moving on....

Wow,
After such an overwhelming response to my ramblings I thought I would move on...
Sheesh, people!
If I want to ramble and have next to no one notice I have a husband that I have been married to for almost 16 years that can do the job right nicely. ;-)
(JUST KIDDING DEAR. I know you hang with baited breath on my every syllable.)

Where did everybody go? Are you out there?

Anyhoo.....

Here's an update I know you have all been on pins and needles to read about.


Thee Garden.

It's been so much fun and thanks to my genius husband we have bypassed our two biggest problems we faced last year:
1-forgetting to water
2-keeping dogs/small children out

Tonight for FHE activity we harvested peas.


Good times. Good, good times.

Elsie and Audrey were very excited about the work.


The finished project.
Minus a few.



First of all, is that or is that not a fantastic fence?
Secondly, let me explain the irrigation system so that you can have the proper appreciation.
What we have hear is a square foot garden,
meaning,
the boxes are divided into square foot grids with a plant in each square.
Get it?
We started down the square foot road last year after many a failed garden attempt.
So, my genius husband made the grid out of PVC pipe,
drilled holes in it,
ran water to it,
using the pipe as a drip system,
and that is how we water the garden.
Smart, right?

And, finally, just in case you were wondering...
Yes, if you do a head count in the garden you'll come up with 5 chitlens.
No, I didn't trade Grant in for a cute browned eyed 7 year old girl.
He was inside.
But don't you worry....

He still enjoyed the bounty.
(btw the nasty scab on his nose is a direct result of a little too much excitement when he spotted,
and ran for a tractor/backhoe thing down the street.
when your feet can't keep up,
you know you are
REALLY, REALLY excited)

I like this family.
I think I'll keep them.
:o)

9 comments:

Mer said...

I admit it - I am a comment slacker. sometimes the effort of waiting to log in is just too much. Don't let this make you think that I have not wanted to comment - and compliment you on many entertaining blog posts. Please accept my apologies - i loved the ramblings...

kelli said...

Yummy! And what could be better than seeing all of the kids out working in the garden!?

I just barely planted our garden yesterday. Gotta love spring time in Idaho.

Natalie Nelson said...

For my part sorry for the lack of commenting the last few times. I had wondered where you had gone to but I knew you would be back. YOu are my ever faithful blog commenter ( if that word even existes). I didn't realize you were going to be up for a visit. I wondered but didn't know for sure. It's good to hear you will get to visit us up in the best state ever.
Your garden looks fabulous I am envious. You are reaping all the benifits of a home grown garden. See you soon.

Mom Nelson said...

Don't you worry sis, I am a faithful commenter. Well, actually I kind of am a commenting snob. You see, I am totally down to comment on anyones, but if I know they look at mine and don't leave comments, then I stop commenting on theirs. Yeah I said it and I stand by it. I am not ashamed of my snobbish ways. I am entitled to be that way. Anyways, like I was saying, since you are always leaving sweet nothings on mine, I am more than happy to leave my musings on yours. I love your posts whether it be mindless rambles or rubbing in the fact that you have a super sweet garden already. Oh, and yes, I will have a new post soon, so get your comments ready! Love love! (who am I?) =) ha ha ha

jen said...

I have been a slacker when it comes to commenting lately! So sorry! I have been frantically trying to get my life in order before school gets out. Aaah! Anyways, I enjoyed your rambling post. I love hearing what is going on in your world. I am so impressed with your garden. We have been volunteering at the community garden this spring and it has been fun. We will definitely plant our own next year. The kids have loved the fresh peas, lettuce etc. that we get to pick each week. Thanks for the garden tips. I think I will have to have my hubby talk to yours about the drip system. Genius!

Mom Nelson said...

See this is what happens when some one visits and uses your computer...they will be logged in as YOU. However this morning I checked my FB and I had 36 notifications and I didn't know most of them...I was logged in as her...she forgot to log out. Fun Times...can't wait till you come to visit. I love the pictures of your garden - mine isn't even started yet.

whirligigdaisy said...

I haven't been reading lately. I'm swamped. I have catching up to do. But Holy Cow, that garden is amazing. I feel like such a loser now in so many departments. Yikes.

Hot Mom said...

I am here. I really am. I am just lame. Love the garden! Having seem the watering system in person I am impressed.

andrea said...

That is the exact garden I would like in my backyard next year. Good news. You're hired! (super, super impressed)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.