Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dear Diary,

Day five of summer vacation. So far, so good.
Currently listening to two oldest children fighting, like to think of it as our summer themed background music--it plays a lot. After a while it's like elevator music, hardly even notice it.
Quite enjoying the lazy mornings. Lazy meaning still up at 6:15, just enjoying not going from sleep to fifth gear in 60 seconds.
House cleanliness: approximately 67%.
Okay for now, cannot maintain sanity and 67% cleanliness for extended period of time.
Leaving for three days to attend Youth Conference in mere 36 hours, taking oldest child.
Expected house cleanliness upon return: approximately 38%.
If house is still standing, and all four remaining children are unscathed- will accept 38% happily.
Hoping to ban entire family for minimum 4 hours from house for recovery mission.
Clean House = Happy Mama
Clean House cleaned by Mama = Even Happier Mama
Happy Mama = Happy Family
:o)

6 comments:

Mer said...

It is funny to hear about summer from the other side of the fence...

jen said...

I am enjoying the lazy mornings as well. Having kids run in and out of the house ALL DAY long... not so much. We will survive the next ten and a half weeks, right?

whirligigdaisy said...

School is not out yet here. Two more days. I'm very very scared.

Ginger said...

Once upon a time I had a clean house. Now I have 5 children and have learned to grudgingly accept a tidy house. One day I will once again have a clean house, but alas, will no longer have children at home. I think I will appreciate the clutter & clammer while I have it. (Especially because my oldest will be a Junior in HS next year. GASP!)

But I completely relate to your 38% plan. I will be leaving the hubby home with the 3 youngest while the oldest 2 and I attend girls' camp again this year. 38% would be a welcome improvement over last year. ;)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Thanks for once again making my world of craziness seem somewhat normal for a house with 5 kids!

Amanda said...

Dear Diary,
Hurry and get up here to visit me already. It's about time! We need to get in a little pea run!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.