Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mind if I ramble???

No?
Okay, good.

-I'm not scoring any points on Mother/Wife of the Year.
Here are my confessions.....Fathers and Sons was last night, don't tell Mike-but I may have encouraged Grant's excitement about the whole thing. What? Mike was considering not making an over nighter out of it. Does he not realize he was taking the kid who keeps me up the latest at night (teenager) and the kid who wakes me up earliest in the morning (three year old)??? Do I look like a fool? Am I stupid? Was I really going to let that opportunity pass me by?? Uh, NO. So, Wife of the Year is out of reach for me....maybe next year.
I am also the mother that abandoned her daughters on the night of fathers and sons. Loser. Who does that? So, there goes Mother of the Year. I did try to make it up to them this morning and took them to breakfast (thank you dixie direct card. and thank you gift giver that gave me dixie direct card).

-I hate, and I do mean HATE the ice cream truck. This isn't a case of 'oh, that's annoying' or 'that kinda bugs me'. No, it's a case of 'where do I send hate mail' and 'can I send a petition around to get them out of my neighborhood'. Grant's chances of being hit by a car go up at least 90% when he hears that stupid music. We convinced Adam when he was little that it was just a music truck, those were the good old days. Seriously, who watches a kid running down (and venturing into the middle) of the street with their mother chasing (and yelling) after them, flips a u-turn (causing child to venture further into the street), pulls over, opens the little window and hangs an ice cream bar out for the child to almost have in his little grasp, so that mother can then sweep him into her arms and haul the child (kicking and screaming) back to the house? That's dumb. Not to mention .75 for a little ice cream bar on a stick?? DUMB.

-Running. It's been a little rocky.
I took a stupid fall over spring break. Something reminiscent to what a 75 year old might encounter. That is, of course, if the 75 were holding a three year old in their arms at the time, loosing their footing on a stair, opting to protect the child thereby allowing all the force of both 75 and 3 year old bodies to impact on the 75 year old tail bone and hip. The only difference was a 35 year old body instead of a 75 year old body. But, I will tell you in the weeks following I felt much closer to a 75 year old. Much closer.
So, I dealt with that frustration. It took some time, but I did heal up nicely. But, by then I felt behind in my training and I've sort of felt behind since then.
I'm running a different leg this year in the Wasatch Back. A different, longer leg. My total mileage is 16.5, my longest run is seven miles. It's at night, that helps, but I do want to feel ready. Let's face it--I'm not fast. Nor do I have any real desire to be. I'm a ten minute miler kind of a gal. So, anyhoo...here I am plugging along, having more mediocre runs then good ones (any one who has run at all knows exactly what I am taking about. sometimes you get out there, run the kinks out, and feel like you can run forever. other times you get out there, run the kinks out and just feel rather crappy the whole time.) although.....I did have a bit of a break through this morning. Six miles, folks. I ran six miles. It felt really good. That was nice.

-Even with as much denial as I can muster, the fact of the matter remains that school will be out in just a couple of short weeks. I don't really want to talk or ramble about that. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

-I feel some what volatile at this point in my life. I'm not a big fan. Yes, I know--changing is up to me. And I'm working on it. I don't have nearly the patience that I used to. Especially with my own children and husband. That's not so good. But, I'm working on it. I used to be a much funner person. I kinda want that girl back. I'm working on it.

All righty, then. That just about sums up our rambling session for today. If I add anything beyond this it could get weird. Thank you for tuning in.


post script:
A couple of days later and a re-read and I would like to say....
Hello, Debbie Downer (woah-woah)
I'm a bit of a kill joy, ya- sorry about that.
Things, they are a changin'.
Life is good, people are good, and I am good.
:o)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm okay with your ramblings. You are still the same fun girl you have always been, so no worries there. You are just missing a super fun 28 hours stuck in a van with five other smelly runners kind of experience. It has been far too long since a Ragnar race, I'm just sure that is what you are missing!

Bob said...

when you find how to get rid of the ice cream truck let me know. He always hits our street on sunday evening, and he came throught twice on saturday night, thats right twice. Apparenty there was not enough response the first time through.

Megs said...

*LOL I LOVE that you 'encouraged' Grant...kids need encouragement, right? ;) I love the rare occasion when I have the 'easiest' kids only...whatever THAT means! hee hee
*Silly Farmgirl, there was no abandonment of your girls, a happy Mommy is a GOOD Mommy! I have decided to look at the times that I NEED to escape from home w/O the kids as a recharging time...when my Mama battery is full I can do my job again! ;D Even the energizer bunny needs to have 'workin' batteries!
*Ice Cream truck = EVIL!!!
nuff said!
(besides I have seen WAY too many sci-fi type shows/movies where the Ice Cream truck is actually a portal to demons or something...there is something to that I say!
I would have wanted to REAM out that Ice Cream Truck driver, GRRRRRRRR makes me mad just THINKIN' about it!
*Six miles? Sheesh woman, I had to take a break after folding the laundry! ;) hee hee hee
*I know that I only have to deal with breaks from school for about 4wks at a time (although next year we are going to the 9month year...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!) But my kids are out this Thursday...oh on my BIRTHDAY...CRAP, Happy Birthday to me...*sigh*
*It is weird that you say you used to be funner- I was JUST thinking the same thing about me...but how is this possible? We are the funnest of the FUN right now!!! Way back in the day everyone must have been sooooo jealous of our fun-ness! ;D
I love ya girl! I have had pukey sick kiddos, so I haven't been in touch much...gotta change THAT for sure! :)
Love ya, Megs

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.