Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Rundown.

*Disclaimer: This was a weird Halloween week for me.
I haven't been on my game of late.

First things first.
Carving Pumpkins.
This is normally the Family Home Evening before the big Spook-Day tradition.
Some how this year I just didn't see this one coming. Didn't even have pumpkins purchased last Monday. A quick trip to our trusty neighborhood grocer and that was taken care off.
I should throw in that carving pumpkins rivals Christmas tree light stringing in Mike's book of 'fun things to do'.
He is, how ever, the only one the kids want to help them with their pumpkins.
And, with a little bit of fore warning, he is a pretty darn good sport about it.
This year it was a two day event. Drawing faces on Monday. Cleaning out and carving on Tuesday.P.S.
It was crazy hair day at the elementary. Lucy and Elsie went all out.

They were all happy with the end result. That made me happy.
Yes, Adam's is a Led Zeplin jack-o-lantern.
Ya, I didn't get a picture until today so they are sorta caving in.
Toldcha I'm off.

No group-kid pictures this year, what's up with that? I always line them up on the front porch.
What can I say? I'm off.
Grant. A skeleton. Again.
Good thing he looks so cute in it.
This boy DID NOT want to wear a costume.
At. All.
We talked of many an option. Not interested.
Finally, a desperate call to Stace on Friday, one pair of Skeleton jammies later and we called it good. FYI he is sitting next to the 'handing out' bowl (pre-trick or treating).
Got right on the sugar high, that one did.

Pirate Elsie.
Don't ye be thinkin' O takin' me booty, Matey!

All right, Lucy gets two pictures. Her costume cracked me up. She decided she wanted to be a Granny. She was hilarious!
Ahhh, Goose.

Audrey was a vampire.
I love 5$ finds at the D.I. and she loved the dress.
I'm not gonna lie, the older this girl gets the more I fear for her dates when they meet her very protective father.

Adam didn't end up dressing up this year.
The neighborhood party was Friday, they had already made plans to go paint balling.
Saturday they had a party=no costumes=no trick or treating.
He and his buddies had a lovely idea though...
Flashers.
Maybe next year.
Adam did make time to take Grant trick or treating, what a good big brother.
In Grant's words, his "Best Brother".
I know, competition is slim.

One Sunday afternoon nap for Mom and Dad, which resulted in no parental supervision, which resulted in a major candy swap meet for the kiddies, which resulted in an all out candy consumption smorgasbord and almost all the candy is gone.
Sounds good to me.

There you have it. Halloween rundown.
Done and Done.

By the By can you all believe I have been at this whole blogging thing for a year now?
Weird, huh?
Who'da thunk it?


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats on year! Your kids look great.

jen said...

Great costumes and I am so glad Grant finally decided to get dressed up for the big day. That side view of Lucy makes me laugh. She was a great old lady!!!!

Hot Mom said...

I don't even have the words to describe how happy I am that Adam did not dress up. I think you know why! Loved the other costumes, what cuties.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

So did Grant ever manage to crash from his Monday cup 'o sugar high before he got his next high? I think your kids crack me up. I love the granny idea. I'll have to keep it in the back of my mind, but thankfully, I won't have to think about it again for another whole year!!! Now THAT makes me happy!!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I LOVED Lucy costumes! I seriously busted out laughing when I saw her in the parade. Love that your kids can eat their candy in one day....my kids just like the trick-or-treating I throw the candy away a Christmas:) Hope next Halloween is more normal.

p.s. Thanks for the quick drop by at our party!

Natalie Nelson said...

All the costume's look great. My favorite though I have to say would be Lucy's. She is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good Halloween to me! Elsie's photo cracks me up! She looks a tad bit possessed in it. I don't think you FULLY explained Lucy's costume...I think it is a Granny POST her boob job. Those suckers were up and ready for the party! Love your little monsters, (or skeletons, pirates, booby grannys, vampires and best brothers!)

Audz said...

what do you mean protective father?
is there that many things i don't know?

Ginger said...

My kiddos did the "candy buffet", too. I love Earl's older brother's words of wisdom: Rather than fight them for weeks by limiting how much candy they can consume, just let them eat it all at once, get sick, and get it over with. The end.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that somebody elses husband "loves" pumpkin carving and Christmas light stringing. I would have to say that those are 2 of Bryce's "favorites" ;) as well!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.