Monday, October 26, 2009

Breakfast of Champions.

There are a few things that happen in our house--for sure.
Every day.
Rain or Shine.
In sickness and in health.
Till death do us part.

One of these is Mike's midnight snack.
He always has a midnight snack.
Always.
Whether it's a couple of cookies, a spoonful of peanut butter, a random treat,
a glass of milk, a bowl of cereal...
it's something.
Every night.

Another happening is Grant's early riser-ness.
Now, I do have high hopes that this is a phase.
A very long phase, but a phase all the same.
Regardless,
for the time being, he's up early.
And I do mean early.
Hello, 5 am!

In my perfect world he would just head on into the family room
and start himself a movie.
(Cuz, he can do that you know)
I don't live in that world.
I live in the world where he comes into my room to help me welcome in the new day.
Every. Day.

Last week I thought I had ventured into the other side of the looking glass.
I woke up at six.
Six!
On my own.
NO Grant assistance.
~Que Hallelujah choir~

What did I come out in the kitchen to find?
~cancel Hallelujah choir~
A little laziness on Mike's part
(not putting away the sugar after a midnight bowl of Chex)
and one very satisfied Mr. Grant D

That, my friends, is a cup FULL of sugar.
Bear in mind, the kid generally wakes up close to 5.
I came out just after 6.
We are talking about a good 40 minutes of a boy and his sugarcup.

I like to call this picture,
"Please...don't kill me Mom, it's all really my Dad's fault anyway."
I have to say, I can't really argue logic like that.

:o)
So go ahead, just give those kiddies a cup-o-sugar for breakfast.
Literally.
That's how we do it 'round here.

9 comments:

Hot Mom said...

Well that explains why Grant is so SWEET!!!

annebabe said...

I laughed and I laughed and then I laughed some more. sugar is the cure-all, dontcha know? cures the boredom of being all by your lonesome at 5am. ;)

stace said...

totally worth an extra hour of sleep...maybe I should start leaving the sugar out for Paige. hmmm.

Natalie Nelson said...

Now that one is for the record books. Tell me how does he handle his sugar anyway. If he is any thing like William it is an instant high.

Unknown said...

Sure he got up and ate sugar for breakfast, but look on the bright side, at least he is fully dressed! Ha Ha Ha!!! Oh, I never did comment on Sticky fingers G. That is one of the cutest pics ever! All of this posting about the cutie little sucker makes me miss him. Come up and visit!


(oh yeah i miss you too) *_*

jen said...

Hilarious. I have to agree with Stace- it is totally worth the extra hour of sleep!!!!

Natalie Nelson said...

David was wondering; isn't it a "CUP FULL" of sugar that helps the medicine go down? Also maybe you should have given him a chaser of 15 Melatonen to counteract the sugar high.

kelli said...

That's great!!! I woke up one morning to find my little guy making multiple packs of cool-aid all by himself under the kitchen table. Only problem...the house had carpet in the kitchen. uggghhh. (who puts carpet in a kitchen anyways? I'll tell yu...old people. Like the ones we bought the house from).
I think little boys are just TROUBLE!!!

andrea said...

Grant and I share the same taste. I pretty much had a bowl of sugar this morning too! I sprinkled a few Chex in for good measure but really, it was mostly delicious sugar. He has some pretty good ideas that one.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.