Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Challenge. To myself.

Life's road has been, well....a bit bumpy of late.
Life's road is supposed to be bumpy.
I'm okay with bumps.
I am Farmgirl, after all. I do tough things really well.

You know, I look at life as a down-scalator. There is no standing still. You are either moving forward or you are moving backward.
You choose.

Over the last few months I have felt like I have needed to continually raise the bar in order to keep getting the help I am sorely in need of.
That's a good thing.
Raising the bar is a good thing.
So, the latest and greatest is to take on something I have always struggled with...scripture reading.

The challenge? Read the Book of Mormon by my birthday, February 8th.
I started last week and I am already into Second Nephi.
Good, right?

There ya go.
If anyone wants to go ahead and jump on this here band wagon, feel free.
It should be a great ride.
:o)

13 comments:

Hot Mom said...

Way to go!! I am impressed. I think I need to join you.

kelli said...

That's always been my greatest battle too. Thanks for inspiring!

annebabe said...

you are woman, I can you hear your roar.

Kristina P. said...

I definitely need to get on board.

jen said...

That is a great challenge. I should do this also... :)

Ginger said...

Our recently released stake pres. made a challenge to the stake every summer to read the BOM in 60 days. I managed it this summer and then totally fell off the wagon. I've been feeling the need to jump back on--thanks for the encouragement.

Elder Salter said...

I like your style. Do I get until my birthday -July? The challenge is on.
You are a great blogger by the way. I love your posts -pretty cute and sparky.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I'm in but I am making it until my Birthday....August. You are the woman! You can do this with no problem, but I hope the book group book will still make it in.

andrea said...

at this point I will be lucky to still be alive by my birthday...but I am so in for the next year. I am proud of you. It's a lofty goal to do by Feb.!

Audz said...

i don't know mom. i bet i could beat you. :0)

stace said...

can I stand next to you when the lightning strikes...you know, the hang on to your coat tails sorta thing??

Good goal. I will try to do it by my birthday...that gives me a year. and I am already at 1 Nephi 16 (won't tell how long it has taken to get me there!)

staci said...

I am totally jumping on this bandwagon! Don't know if I'll finish by your birthday, but I can probably do it by mine (May). Thanks for being a trend-setter!!

So I'm so bummed I had to miss your chocolate dipping demo today. :( Stupid soccer games. Oh well. At least I got to taste a few. DIVINE!!

saramarilee said...

You are such an inspiration--I (heart) u!!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.