Monday, September 7, 2009

An observation.

But first, the back story.
I went out of town for the weekend, had a quick little get away to Preston where my brother was blessing his new sweet baby girl. I hadn't planned on attending. Mike is super busy and I didn't want to drive up by myself with the kiddos. Robyn had a trip to her mothers planned (minus children) and I bummed a ride with her. I took Grant with me so that Mike would be able to get some work done while I was gone.
A good time was had by all.
On to my observation. It is this:

Coming home after leaving Mike and the kids in charge for the weekend is what I would imagine coming home to my house after I was part of something like Wife Swap would feel like.

The house is clean....sort of. The laundry is done....in a bizarre way. Things are put away.....in weird places. Other things are out....that shouldn't be. Things just aren't.....so.

While I do appreciate their efforts and it is so nice of them all to give it the old college try, it's still a little strange to come home to. That's all I've got to say about that.



*and p.s. leaving mike every once in a while is fantastic job security for me. he told me if anything ever happened to me he would need to just give the children away because he could not do what i do. (so i guess you all should start picking out your favorites-just to be prepared-you know, in case the worst should happen) yup, that's what happens when you are as amazing as me. ;o)

8 comments:

Ginger said...

Earl got the chance to spend 5 days at home with the youngest while I attended camp with our older girls. When I called mid-week to find out how things were going his response was a lukewarm "ok". When I asked him about it further, he said that it is hard to take care of 3 kids when you don't know how to cook. Oh, and the housework--it didn't even get the "old college try".

andrea said...

I'll take Audrey thank you very much.

Bob said...

Seriously, Robyn gets 72 hours, and it is survival mode only...with guest hairmakers set-up prior to leaving...

Hot Mom said...

Dibs on Elsie.

Amanda said...

I call Lucy, no one is as easy going as her. It was good to see you over the weekend, and great to catch up over a batch of bruchetta!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I used to hate leaving the kids with Derrick, until I realized that it made all of them appreciate me more! He's a TON of fun, but eventually the fun has to wear out, and they have to eat and have clean clothes to wear!

stace said...

I get what ya saying. Just glad I get to leave sometimes. It is all worth coming home to the twilight zone where everything is the same, yet a little off.

jen said...

Ashton would love if I claimed Grant. He seriously tells me that he is going to Grant's house every other day. It cracks me up. Hopefully you got your house back in order after your fun little getaway!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.