Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Blog Fairy,

Remember how you so kindly gave my dear old blog a face lift a while back? And oh, how I love it! Well, BF (can I call you that? i feel a real connection and so close to you now--it's almost like we are neighbors) I am still just loving the new look. But, I do have a request.....I would like to make a small change. And unfortunately, I'm not savvy enough to pull it off on my lonesome. Help me?

The change.
I would like to rename my blog. 'The Farmgirl Life...' remains the same because, hello? that's what I'm living. The change comes after that. 'such as it is.' replaced with 'knee deep and lovin' it.' What do you think? Possibility?

Here's the thing. My life isn't such as it is--it's such as I make it.
Cuz, let's face it folks...it's a pretty durn good life.

First of all, I'm paired with Mikey. He's just not so bad in my book. Yah, I love him. I always tell him he's my favorite husband I have ever had (he follows that with a roll of the eyes and says he's the only husband i've ever had). Point well taken. But, he's still my favorite. We are a good match.

Yes, it's true my children do make me a little nuts from time to time. I have five of them--it was bound to happen. They bring me way more joy than insanity (I hope I'm not speaking prematurely here-I suppose I could still end up in the loony bin before the last curtain call).

The gospel. Yup, it's true. Learned a fair amount about from whence my strength flows recently too. I do my part -He does His. It's a pretty good system.

And I have all of you. My peeps.

It's a busy, crazy life. Things have changed a lot since we have been in business for ourselves. I have learned a lot. The most important thing I have learned is that being happy is a choice. No matter what else is going on, I get to choose. Isn't that fantastic!?!

Since I have the whole husband, five kids, dog, cat, day care, house keeper, business owner, church goer, neighbor, friend, sister thing going on--I'm knee deep whether I like it or not.

But, I'm lovin' it because I want to.

9 comments:

annebabe said...

sounds farm-tastic. :) Hope that BF makes all your blogger dreams come true.

Kristina P. said...

I like the new name idea!

Megs said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE your attitude towards life. Makes me happy. I need to remember that I CHOSE my current situation in life, and it was a GREAT choice! :D Positive thinking really does work...even if it is difficult in the face of 8 loads of laundry, sinkful of greasy dishes, yet ANOTHER package of Ritz Crackers bitten open and ground into the carpet, and marker (oh...my...gosh I HOPE that is brown marker) on the walls... ;)
Life might be totally crazy but
it
is
GOOD!!! ;)
Thanks for the reminder, I needed that today! :D

SchoMan said...

This is why I love ya babe. Mr. Peale would be proud.

Natalie Nelson said...

Love the revising. You have a great outlook on life.

andrea said...

Dear Farmgirl,

I may or may not have forgotten how I made your banner. I am doing a little research and hope to make your dreams come true very soon.

xoxo,

The Blog Fairy

Unknown said...

Look- 2 comments in one day. It's a blogger-miracle.

(I have no idea what shows up when I am signed into my teacher email account, which although carries the name openhighschool.org, is just a gmail account in disguise)

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I really have to get me a Blog Fairy! As you see from mine I go more for content than appearance. And lately I definitely don't go for consistency...gosh, come to think of it I started it as a sad excuse for a public journal and I have struggled at even that.

I must be doomed!!! Put me next to the likes of you and I am definitely toast!

jen said...

I need a blog fairy....

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.