Sunday, August 9, 2009

T minus Three.

That's right friends, only three more fun filled days of summer left.
Not that I'm counting or anything.
Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit of information out there.
I mean, I'm sure there are mothers out there who are excited about it.
~Not me.~
You certainly wouldn't catch me smiling to myself randomly these days.
I'm definitely not planning a cleaning extravaganza beginning Thursday morning.
There is no way we are having an adult back to school party Friday night.
(it's surely not an adult fugitive game starting at the Weston's at 9:00 with an open invite to all.)
In fact, I get teary eyed just thinking about the thoughts of school starting.
Yeah, there are probably mothers out there who just love the idea of things like
structure and routine.
CrAzY Ladies.
Me?
I live for chaos!
Why else would I have had 5 children?

Okay, it might be because when Mike and I reproduce we create these things.
Can I help it if they are the most fantastic 5 children the universe has to offer?
Not really.
...And because every once in a while we all head out to the backyard and have a grand ole time together.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

School here starts in 2 weeks. Frankly, I am looking forward to fall!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Normally, I can't wait for school, but summer has just been too darn short this year! But the kids are really excited to go back. What does that say about my fun-summer-mom abilities?

stace said...

you just make me laugh. I don't know what you think is so hard about five kids anyways. My kids are a breeze.

Fonzareli said...

Is it terrible for me to say I was ready for school to start on June 8th? Heck...3 days should be enough right? That's a super long weekend for workin' folk. One more week. I think I can I think I can...

Megs said...

no fair, No Fair, NO FAIR!!! We have to wait for TWO more whole weeks. I swear girl, you should be one of those bloggy-type ladies that get paid just to blog. Just blog, blog, blog all the time and the money rolls in..or so I hear. I start the bidding at $1...(but that is only because it is all I have, you are worth much more, I swear!)
I know I haven't even met your kids, but those few pics are worth 100,000,000 words! ROFLMBO!!!Holy crow, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the pic of the kids playing in those tiny little toddler-sized plastic cars! LOL Except for little Grant all you can see are elbows and knees sticking out the tiny windows!!! *gasp* *choke* *guffawww!* I laughed so hard I think I might have peed a little...tmi? Well, after four kids that isn't something I can control so well anymore...*sigh* ;o)
I can't wait until the heat dies down so my twerps will spend more than 20 minutes outside without looking like they are gonna pass out from heatstroke! :D
My older girls were in time out for fighting exactly 1.3 hours after they got home from thier last day of school...on Friday...yes, last Friday the 7th.
If they, um...I mean if WE live until school starts in two weeks I will feel like my mothering skills are FAB-YOU-Luuuuus!!!!

jen said...

Less than 48 hours until school starts and just like you I am not counting down or anything. Who needs a clean house or quiet time??? Who doesn't love trekking ALL of their children to the grocery store every week???

Ok, Ok, you caught me. I am ecstatic that school is starting!!!! Yippee!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.