Monday, August 24, 2009

The Birthday Unspoken.

If...
I had given birth to a son 14 years ago today he might look something like this.

And he would probably be fantastic.
He would be a fabulous big brother.
He would adore his Dad.
He would be a huge help to me.
I imagine he would be a lot of fun to be around.
If only....

However,
I am not nearly that old, there is no possible way I could have a son who is a mere 2 years away from a drivers license and 5 years away from a mission.
That's just crazy talk right there.

But...if I did...
He would probably look just like this right before
blowing out his candles on this very night.
Uh huh, the candles that were lit with the help of this...
(cuz that's the way we roll 'round here)


Yay, and I am pretty sure the only Denial of ever heard of is the one in Egypt.
Because I am dealing with everything very rationally.

Since I am unable to discuss the birthday of this so-called boy of mine
maybe we should talk about something else.
How 'bout another birthday?
Like, say, one of the very best of the besties.
This girl right here.
Yup, she's my Top Robyn and I just loves her.

10 comments:

stace said...

I also can't believe that you have a son that is 14...you should mention that he is also a master lawn mower.

Megs said...

OK, can I just say that once AGAIN your turn of phrase puts my poor, lazy, inept, Bloggin' to shame! ;)
You forgot to mention that in not too long (if it hasn't happened already) that handsome son of yours will be followed by the angsty sighs of teen girls everywhere...what a handsome guy! :D You and Mike sure do great work! I see he chose chocolate for his cake, so he is smart as well!
LOVE the lighting technique...and I am glad that the house is still standing and everyone has all thier fingers still...um, everyone DOES still have all thier fingers, right? ;o)
Oh and by the way...you do NOT look like it is even POSSIBLE to have a 14yr old!!! WhatevER!!!!
Denial is ONLY a river in Egypt...I am now off to fool myself into thinking that I can get that "after vacation" cleaning -that will probably take me 3 weeks to finish- completly done today.
Egypt here I come!

jen said...

Whew, I knew you couldn't be old enough to have a fourteen year old! But if you really did have a boy that old, I would say, "Happy Fourteenth Birthday Adam!!!"

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Adam!! We went out last night to celebrate his birthday (along with celebration: not-back-at-USU) and I didn't get him a birthday wish on F.B. so I am off to do that right now!! And, I promise an update on my blog shortly. Really. I promise...

Bryant P. Castleton said...

That you are old enough for a 14-year old means that I am old enough which is simply NOT possible! Talk about late start we are still in pull-ups at night, nursery on Sundays, DORA, training wheels, and dress-ups.

I'll just pretend that you were that great friend of mine that is 10-years older than me!

Anyway, not sure how I got so far behind on your blog but check out my comment on your "pet" post below! You are definitely quite the blogger!

Fonzareli said...

I remember VERY WELL the day I found out you were expecting. You, me, Heather and my mom in our basement, you in the recliner looking ohhh sooo tired and my mom asked "the question" and you went...(gulp) and we went (HORRAY!!!!)

andrea said...

all I have to say is you have to be WAAAAAAY older than me. I mean my oldest is only 7. I had no idea...

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Wow. You must be getting old. AFter all, mine isn't 14 until November!

And your big 14 year old has great teeth. Has he had braces?

farmgirl said...

Kelli,
No, he hasn't had braces. Thankfully he did not inherit my crooked teeth. :o)

farmgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.