Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is it just me?

Or is the sky a little bluer today, the grass a little greener, are the birds singing in your neighborhood? Is it not just a fan-freakin'-tastic day??

I'm walking on sunshine. Oooo-oooo. I'm walking on sunshine. Oooo-oooo. And it's startin' to feel good!!

I love the first day of school!!
The kids were all excited to go---their excitement doesn't hold a candle to my own---but, I am so happy they were all happy to be off and away.

Let's have a little run down of what I've accomplished so far. Oh, and I am far from done. Far from it.
  • Cleaned the kitchen (i know, i do that every day. i'm still counting it)
  • Swept and mopped
  • Cleaned the kids bathroom
  • Cleaned my bathroom
  • Wiped down all the doors, door knobs, and door jams
  • Reorgan-sized and refolded everything in the linen closet (a summer of fort making takes a toll)
  • Cleaned and organ-sized Audrey's room
  • Cleaned and organ-sized the girls room
  • Wiped down all the shelves in the pantry
  • Been thoroughly entertained by Grant
  • Enjoyed a delish grilled cheese and fresh from the garden tomato sandwich
I am a cleaning machine to be reckoned with. I am woman here me roar! Nothing makes me happier than cleaning. Weird, but true. Cleaning uninterrupted and not having everything undone with in moments is pure heaven in my book. That and fresh from the oven ooey gooey chocolatey goodness, in almost any form. Those two things. Just love 'em.

Lest I sound like a mother who doesn't adore the fruit of her loins....let me say, in my defense, this has not been a normal summer. Life has not been 'normal' for a while around here. I'm gonna be honest here and say that it is a sometimes daily battle just to keep on keepin' on with a smile. Well, I'm smiling today!

I do adore my little peeps. I even got choked up saying good bye to them this morning. Don't forget we had a lot of changes this year--I sent Adam to middle school, Audrey to intermediate school and Elsie to first grade this year. That's a big deal. And it was kinda hard to walk away from my sweet little Elsie-girl.

I did get over it pretty quickly though.

Oh, and p.s. how happy am I that I still have Grant D-lish with me. I am WAY too young to have All the kiddos in school.

They're happy.
I'm happy.
Let's just say it like it is.
School is a win/win situation for every one involved.

10 comments:

stace said...

ahhh. shut it.

(I may just be a little jealous.)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Can you possibly rub my nose in it any more? I still have over a week left of fun-tastic summer fun! Really, I hate the end of summer, with all of the time commitments, the early mornings (some of us are just NOT morning people), and homework. But they're excited, so I'm excited. And clean house would be nice!

annebabe said...

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!! I'm happy, they're happy, life is fan-freaking-tastic. and now onto a little "fresh from the oven ooey gooey chocolately goodness" well said, mi amiga, well said. :)

jen said...

Yes, the sky is a little bluer and the grass is a little greener!!! The kids are excited to be back in school and I am excited to have some one on one time with my toddler. I am even more excited about having complete silence when Ashton takes a nap in the afternoon! Life is good.

Amanda said...

You are too funny! I can't relate to this at all, but I am glad all is well in sunny San Jorge!

saramarilee said...

Unfortunately my blue skies have been clouded over a bit by Gabe's constant wailing--apparently he was under the impression that he was also going to start school. But overall, yes...life is good! Except, now I'm going to have to miss your back-2-skool shindig :0(

Natalie Nelson said...

You are welcome at anytime to come and clean my house. Especially as of late. This pregnancy has really zapped all the energy out of me these past few weeks and cleaning the house is the last thing I want to do. I have a hard enough time getting out of bed in the morning. Seriously anytime. Always an olen invataion. ;)

Sarah said...

win win, I agree. I just wish I could pick up your attitude about cleaning. Why won't that rub off on me???

andrea said...

School still makes me incredibly nervous and uncomforatble actually...but I really did look over at your house several times yesterday and the thought of you and your cleaning festival made me happy.

El Scorcho said...

It's a strange dichotomy how much I love my kids but how happy I am when they are gone.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.