Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Question:

What's the only thing better than being here? *Total side note*
For the record, we are counting our blessings this little stink is still alive and kicking.
Keeping up with him is going to do me in!
Seriously. He has:
Eaten ice cream with a 7 inch knife, cut his hands up with his dad's razor, consumed about 15 melatonin pills (yes, a call was made to posion control. Good news, kids can take A LOT of the stuff and not die), not to mention his absolute obsession with the tractors and all things farm related--he bolts when ever the opportunity arises.

*Another side note*
My mom was not all that excited for me to post this picture of the old grainery. But for me these old things hold many a fond memory. Molly and I used to take turns burying our dolls in the grain and then try to find them. Just in case you were wondering--this is where our Jesus doll meet a sad fate...we never did recovery him from the depths of the grain. Looking back I think we should count ourselves lucky no one had to recover us from the depths of the grain.


*Okay, One last side note*
Many a calf bucket was carried by me from this very barn. Countless numbers of kittens were cared for in the top of this barn. So many summer days I washed the barn out after the morning milking.
Isn't it great? Look at those beautiful mountains back there!



Answer:
(At this point, do you even remember the question?
Let me help ya out: What's better than being here on the farm?...)
Throwing this guy into the mix.
Well...
What was going to be a long, drawn out separation for us ended up lasting a whole two and a half days. One of my brothers is building a house down the street and across the field from my parents, they are on the home stretch and decided to call in a relief pitcher...that would be my dear old Mikey.
Since things are a little slow in San Jorge right now he was able to come up and help Richard out. He is laying tile, grouting tile, hanging sheet rock and laying a wood floor.
Don'cha just love a handy, hard working man?
I know I do.
:o)
Stay tuned, more to come from Farmgirl's vacay adventures.
Teaser:
the wasatch back is only three days away!!!

8 comments:

Mer said...

I am envious of your visit to the old homestead. I too had hoped to make the trek north to enjoy the lovely summer days of Idaho, but my idea was rejected by my doctor. I had to agree that giving birth in the car in the desert did not sound appealing . . . Say hi to your family for me, and mine if you run into them!

Fonzareli said...

Good luck in the Wasatch relay this weekend. Wish I could be there to cheer you on..but sadly I cannot. Know though... "you'll be in my heart"

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Glad to see you're back to blogging. I knew you couldn't stay away for long!

Good luck with your run!

Megs said...

Love the pics, love the *notes*, love the trip down your memory lane, love the pic of your cute and useful hubby! I too am very happy that Josh was forced into so many years of slave labor by his parents working on remodels or thier rental properties, and years of construction jobs so that now whenever something needs fixing, building, painting, caulking, replacing, tightening, etc... I only have to delicately bellow...
"JJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHH!!"
Yeah, I know, he is so lucky to have me!
;)

Amanda said...

Love it! I'm glad that Mike could come up, I didn't know that he was here till mom told me this morning. I'm sure that Richard's house will be beautiful when they all get done! We might need to call upon Mike's expertise to get some of the stuff around here done too. Oh and BTW what is up with you trying to sneak in and take the title of favorite aunt away from me?!? Do you know how many a candy I have had to give out to get to that point? No no, I have complete faith in my dear sweet nieces and nephews that they will hold true to me (unless you have bigger better candy). Can't wait for our race! See you tomorrow!

I NEED MORE COWBELL!

jen said...

I love all your little side notes :). Sorry to hear that Grant is giving you a run for your money. I hope he makes it back alive! I am glad Mike was able to come up and join you. Good luck with the Wasatch Back!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Hi! Your alive and we haven't even talked in a week....what is the world coming too?
Oh, I love Grant! Glad to know about the Melatonin. I am glad you can try things out for me. Come home, I'm ready for a little more camping and some warmer weather.
Good bye old friend....

Sarah said...

I didn't know Mike took a trip up. I just assumed the poor guy was still wallowing away in loneliness. When I saw him the day after your left, he already looked a bit forlorn. Thought maybe he had atrophied from love-loss. Glad to know you've restored him.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.