Monday, June 29, 2009

Dear St. George,

Just thought I would drop you a post from my super fun vacay. Things here are great. We have traded Farm Town, USA (aka Preston) for Rexburg--home of BYU Idaho; sporting it's lovely botanical gardens-located on campus-in full bloom...




Even Grant enjoyed the view, well sort of. (If by 'enjoy' you mean tolerated staying in the stroller whilst Molly and I tried to keep up with the rest of the chitlen's--then yes, he enjoyed it immensely.)


Also home of the spectacular Mesa Falls. (If by 'home' you mean about an hour drive north of Rexburg, then yes- home.)


Yes, I am minus one of my punks. Adam is at home with his Padre.

Molly and her brood.



Now, my darling St. George...there is something I need to say to you. You are hot. You are really hot. In recent years you have provided us with much appreciated splash pads, where fun was had by all. While I do love these little gems, I need you to know that Rexburg (where there is snow eight months of the year) knows how to do a water park up right. Rexburg is also the home of the Greatest Water Park Ever.


See how my St. George Baby is nearly freezing to death? While her sweet cousin, Charlotte, is having the time of her life. Wouldn't something like this make more sense where it is hotter than hades?



St. George, I hate to break it to you...but they also have a carousel at this park. Step it up, Man.

Complete with cotton candy!! Oh, you have your work cut out for you, my friend.

Last, but certainly not least, Rexburg is home to her: My dear old sister, Molly Dee.

I know, we are practically twins. Only separated by 19 months, 9 inches and opposite hair color.

This is my last day here, then back to the farm for a couple more fun filled days (and to rock star one more running event with Amanda) and I will be coming back to you. I miss you, St. George. Hang tight, I know it has been a long time since I have graced your presense. How have you managed without me? No worries, just a few more days--your girl is coming home...

Love,

Farmgirl. :o)

13 comments:

Molly Dee said...

This Rexburg sounds like some sort of utopia - I would think that one would never want to leave. I'm so glad you could come. I hope you will come back and bring all your men with you. Then Jason won't look like a polygamist at church(you've got to love a good sister-wife)

SchoMan said...

I'm glad you're having fun up there in the land of the spudheads but we do miss you down here in hel...uh... I mean St. George. I'll be glad when you're home babe.

Megs said...

-I could certainly handle some of that cooler weather today! It was 111 here, YUCK!!!
-LOVE the pics of your twerps, and the cousins-of-said-twerps ! So cute! Man do I miss the GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!
-I see that Grant 'enjoys' the stroller the sam way that Sam used to...until Izzy came along and he was ousted, or liberated...it all depends on your point of view!
-You know I haven't ever spent much time in So.Idaho, after your infomercial/posting(seriously the City should PAY you for that kind of praise)I want to visit! Mesa Falls is gorgous! Such beautiful pics, loved 'em.
-We have some cool waterparks here near Vegas, but that one takes the CAKE! WOW!! My kids would FREAK out!
-and a Merry-go-round too? Heck, when can we move up? Forget the kids! I got dibs on the white pony!!!
-I know that we are not 'officially' related (stupid DNA) but after hearing about your fam, and seeing the pics of you and your AWESOME sisters...
I am totally coming to your next family reunion! I can be some long lost cousin...right? HOLY CRAP!!! I just remembered some vital information that will totally fix this 'not related' thing! My maiden name was Nelson... Muu-WAH-ha-ha-ha-ha-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You will never get rid of me now!
*more manical laughter*
Regret all you want woman, I am considering myself your FAMILY!!! YAY!!!
;)

Amanda said...

you.are.so.weird. Glad your back down to mom's now you can keep me company on my anniversary since i am minus one husband...where is my anniversary cake?

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

The first year we moved here, we had the fire place up and going until July. It takes a loooong time to adjust! We still have it going this year too, but that's only because it really has been FREEZING!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

where's the park anyways? It looks like it would be worth the drive.

annebabe said...

mike's comment made me laugh out loud. for reals.


and who are you again? why do i read your blog? are we friends? your children look vaguely familiar but you . . . maybe some no-bake cookies will jog my memory. its worth a try.

Sarah said...

I'm diggin' the water park and cotton candy. Santa Clara is slumming it compared to Rexburg. I agree; step it up!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Oh, would you just come home already?!

jen said...

Are you ready for the heat???? I sure wasn't when I got back from San Diego! It looks like you guys have been having a great time in Idaho. You are right, we totally need a water park here. I have been saying that since we moved here!! Anyways, I am glad you guys are FINALLY coming home :).

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

I couldn't agree more. Someone needs to open a water park in st.George... Immediately!

Natalie Nelson said...

We Idaho people know how to party. Especially Molly She was always the gracious host when we vidited in Twin Falls.

andrea said...

I am so jealous. Sob.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.