Saturday, June 6, 2009

My new best friend.

Warning: Sad story ahead. Don't be afraid -- it all works out in the end.

My real vacuum, my regular housewife vacuum, died many moons ago. I think I had something going on that particular night and called Mike in the midst of a hissy fit ranting about my vacuum troubles. He brought me home a vacuum from work and disaster was averted for the evening. He never took it back and I never sent it back so in my house it stayed.

Me and CV, ( short for commercial vacuum, that's what I liked to call the old gal) we had some good times together. She was a hard worker. She wasn't much to look at, but had a sweet cleaning spirit. A couple of weeks ago....(sniff--this is really hard for me)....she....well....she died. One of the kids plugged her in, pop and a spark, and she was gone. It was quick and painless, a good way to go. None of this dragging it out and limping her along. She gave me the best year of her life and I will always be grateful. Rest in peace, CV.

Times being what they are, I was unable to replace CV. This saddened me greatly. While I enlisted many a child to crawl around and pick up crumbs, it just wasn't the same. I even tried borrowing a vacuum, nope that wasn't the answer either. How can a gal like me get along without her vacuum side kick? She can't I tell you, she can't.

This problem had been plaguing me for days. My filthy floors were consuming my every thought. And then, as I was lying in bed last night the answer came to me like a flash of lighting. The Shop Vac. Of course!!!! Why hadn't I thought of that before?!? I have used her in the car for years and she has never let me down. After lugging the beast in from the garage I plugged her in and took her out for a spin. FAB-U-LOUS!
Such suction! Such motion! And that hose, my word the hose!

I am officially in love with the shop vac, I may never return to the land of regular vacuums again. One satisfied costumer right here.

6 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

Such a sad story. Atleast there is a Happily Ever After at the end.If my blog was as interesting as yours maybe more people would read it. You keep me laughing. Thanks.

Kristina P. said...

Yay for happy endings! And shop vacs.

Amanda said...

I'm glad it all worked out for you...I can just picture your kids on the ground picking up little crumbs and such! ha ha ha

annebabe said...

*snort* "and that hose, my word the hose!" um . . . is mike gonna be jealous when he reads this? i know my mind is in the gutter, i can't help it. fantabulous post. only you, queen of clean, could dedicate multiple paragraphs to a vacuum and make it sound as funny as you did. well done.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Sometimes our greatest trials turn out to be our greatest blessings. Glad this one worked out that way!

Megs said...

Our most sincere condolences on the passing of your great friend and helpmate!

*moment of silence*

Oh, and I can't LIVE without my shopvac! The only problem with using it inside it is so FREAKIN' LOUD!!! I still have a couple of nappin' babies...so I shall have to endure with our sucktacular (and NOT in a good way) vacuum, until we can afford to get a good one! :D
Oh, did I mention that...
I TOTALLY LOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOU!
Your posts ROCK! "I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats"
You are my bloggin' muse! :D
Blog on my friend, Blog ON!!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.