Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nelson Girl Trip

All right, folks, I wasn't fo sho going to blog this--BUT--Amanda put in such a lovely request/demand I felt compelled. My reasons for not posting, you ask??? Oh, I think you'll figure that out real quick.
Since I've been voted the girl trip blog spokes person and I have very little shame--here ya go.

The background: Nelson Girl Trip is an annual event. It takes place every spring. We do basically the same thing every year. Meet Friday morning, head to Park City for a FULL day of shopping/wandering/enjoying the fact we don't have to go home to any children , then do some very random shopping at Smiths Market Place on the way back to our hotel in Salt Lake, snack, play games and laugh really hard once we get back to our digs, Saturday we mix it up a little each year and hit some where different- this year it was Tai Pan and Gardener Village.

Here are my photog's:
Don't worry, I already know my camera is less than wonderful.
Lunch. We always go to the Baja Cantina in Park City. We always get lost on the way. We always sit at the same table. And generally order the same delish items off the menu. Unfortunately, we may be seeking out a new location next year. A few things changed this year...we drove straight to it (seriously, unprecedented!), we had to request our table (which did not make our waitress happy-she should consider how we felt. Good grief, we come here year after year and they don't remember where we are supposed to sit? What's up with that??), the food, while still tasty, was in much smaller amounts and not quite up to par.
And p.s. our friendly neighborhood waitress didn't take the group picture some stanger did--after I took all of these....

























I was having self portrait issues.














Entertainment for the evening: Our Hands (apparently)


And, because I just didn't want to miss out on the picture, I thought I should try to be in it.

It didn't pan out all that well for me.
See what I mean...self portrait issues.



Would anyone with any shame post this picture of herself? Me thinks not.
I think I should offer a prize to anyone who can correctly guess how many chins I am sporting in the pic. I know Molly will be super excited to see this picture of herself as well. Gosh, maybe if she left a comment telling me not to post unflattering pictures of us I would stop doing it. ;o)


There is one other tradition I forgot to mention. The Nelson Booty Walk. It's legendary. It's amazing. It is performed in public annually. If you got it, flaunt it Baby.

What did I tell you? Absolutely.No.Shame.


In an effort to redeem myself, I wanted to leave you all with this.
A picture taken a few years back in the canyon. I thought you all should know, we are actually a pretty darn good looking, normal group of ladies--as long as you don't catch us during the Nelson Girl Trip. :o)

12 comments:

annebabe said...

since i am the 1st commenter (woot woot) i get to say the obvious. your post was . . . BOOYTLISCIOUS! ha ha! made me wish i was a nelson. what a group of gals!!

Amanda said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I am laughing so hard! I knew your post would be so much better than I could ever do! You captured the whole weekend beautifully! Nice work. Two things, I'm surprised, but a pleasant one, that you didn't post my solo booty walk. And second, seven. I'm gonna say seven chins...

jen said...

LOVED this post. I am glad you gave us a peek into what goes on during your super fun sister trips. I wish I had a bunch of sisters to go on trips with. Very fun.

The Booty Walk video was fantastic. You totally crack me up :).

Unknown said...

I am laughing so hard at that booty walk!! You guys are too funny!

Your weekend looks like so much fun! Girls Weekend anyone!?

I want to see your mom do the booty walk...

Christy said...

Nice to cyber meet you, too! The Wasatch Back is going to be suh-weeeet! And sorry if I pass out before I actually get the baton to you...it's sort of unfortunate that you will only see me with a look of exhaustion on my face! Should be fun, though. I'm excited you're joining us this year.

And I'll "for reals" meet you in two weeks. Good times.

Natalie Nelson said...

Sounds like fun was had by all.David isn't the only crazy one in the family. By the way YOU ARE WELCOME for that last pic it looks fabulous. The person who too that shot does great work. Ha Ha:).

Molly Dee said...

o.k. - I'm open to blackmail - unflattering pictures are enough to get me to figure out how to use this com-pu-ter to comment. I'm just glad that what happens in the dressing room at Van Husen, stays in the dressing room at Van Husen.

Amanda said...

molly, i dont know if you will read this or not, but just know that you have opened a whole new door here, I will be expecting comments on my blog too. I'm sure I can muster up some sort of photo if that is what it takes.

Bob said...

Dude, the WORLD is not ready for that jelly...

Hot Mom said...

Laugh out loud goodness. I hate to tell you, but Tom saw this. Expect comments at church tomorrow.

Sarah said...

I don't know what I was expecting with all the talk last night about the booty walk, but I was STILL SURPRISED. I think it is an instant classic.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

At this very moment, I am hoping and praying that I get good daughter in-laws.

Lovin the walk! That should have a patent on it! (not sure if that's how 'patent' is spelled, but you know what I'm trying to say, right?)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.