Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keep the Commandments.

A few years back (like 5+ years) me and my beloved decided we needed to set some simple guidelines for our children to follow.
Being the creative, fun loving parents that we are, we decided to call them the "Family Commandments" and posted them prominently on the fridge.


As with everything every good parents does, it was very well received at first, but after time lost a little pizazz and the newness factor--eventually it was taken down and forgotten about.

Forgotten about, until the other day when I was searching the computer looking for my trusty job chart.

(Yes, I will admit that it is November and I am just getting the 'school time job chart' back up. What can I say?? I REALLY like doing the work myself when I am sans children. Yes, yes, I know, I know--how will they learn if I don't give them the opportunity?.... I will now go hang my head in shame.)

So, where was I?
Oh yes, the job chart.
I found the job chart in a file and also ran across the good old "Family Commandments". I thought to myself, Self- that was a great idea you and Mikey had all those years ago--you should print it out and post it again.
So that's what I did.See? Right down there, bottom left on the fridge.

Right there under the job chart for all to see.
What I didn't account for are the older children I am now housing...

Children that would leave notes such as this:
And just in case you can't read it, let's get a close up, shall we??

Bunch'a smart ankles!

8 comments:

annebabe said...

ha ha ha! sarcasm? in your house? what? that's so unheard of.

Amanda said...

It's true- you should probably add that to your list, there probably shouldn't be any killing in the house.

Natalie Nelson said...

I think we need to adopt those family commandments in to our family. And yes add that last one. WIlliam runs arount the house pretending to shoot any one in sight. Needless to say we don't let hom watch Spirit anymore.

bobbi said...

All I have to say is that I loooove you!! And your family!! And please do pass on your job chart!!!:)

andrea said...

How could you have neglected to include that? Sheesh. So was the addendum written by Adam ir Mike? I can't tell.

PS...Reid Family Commandments coming right up. Thanks for the idea!

farmgirl said...

Andrea,
The culprit was.....AUDREY!

Hot Mom said...

I am a little surprised it wasn't on the list in the first place. I mean really, is it a free for all over there??? It seems like kind of a biggie to overlook :)

Audrey Eliza said...

I TOLD HER!!!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.