Friday, November 12, 2010

The Day.

  • This morning I got up and ran three miles.
  • This morning three and a half hours before I got up to run three miles I moved myself to the couch to avoid sleeping next to a chain saw like sound coming from the other side of the bed.
  • This morning after getting the children off to school I straightened up my already fairly clean house.
  • This morning I started some laundry so as to avoid being buried alive by laundry come Monday morning. The last load is still waiting patiently in the dryer for me to fold it.
  • This morning I went to the temple with my visiting teaching ladies.
  • This morning I wondered when I would be old enough to be a temple worker. It seems like something I would love to do.
  • This morning I was doing a little people watching while waiting for my visiting teaching ladies, I also wondered when I would be old enough to wear a dress with sneaker type shoes and black pantyhose and feel okay about it. Oddly enough, it also seems like something I would like to do.
  • Today I went to Walmart to do my once a week what-do-we-need-to-get-by-until-next-week-? shopping. Walmart was crazy busy.
  • Today I sent my two big boys off for the annual scout trip to the air show in Vegas.
  • Tonight for dinner my children had cold cereal while I made a pan of brownies.
  • Tonight warm brownies and milk are what I had for dinner.
  • Tonight Grant was disgustingly filthy dirty, I put him in a bubble bath and just let the bubbles do the work for me.
  • Tonight I opted to not put the youngest to bed. Grant fell asleep watching a movie.
  • Tonight the girls all went to bed right around the ten o'clock hour. (VERY, VERY LATE for our standards.)
  • Tonight I should have been working on a sharing time for Sunday. Instead I watched the Biggest Loser on hulu, while eating warm brownies and milk.
  • Tonight I ate WAY too many brownies.
  • Tonight I am wondering why I am writing down such randomness.
  • Right now I am thinking it is time to call it a night.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I absolutely love your random thoughts. It makes me feel like I lived your day with you and not miss you so much. First- while you were at walmart, did you pick up your desired items and then out loud, let everyone around you know what sounds they each make? :) And Second, I had no idea you watched the Biggest Loser, this opens up SO many new doors for us! I think this could offer us all new conversations to get us through until SYTYCD comes back on! Miss you sis!

jen said...

Wow! You had a very productive day!! Straightening up an already fairly clean house??? I wish I could say that right now! How do you do it?

I think it would be fun to be a temple worker as well. Someday when my kids are grown I hope I live close to a temple so I get the opportunity.

I am jealous that you had warm brownies and milk for dinner last night. That sounds heavenly!

Hot Mom said...

I totally want brownies!!! I actually just logged on to your blog to get a cookie recipe from a few weeks ago that I didn't write down, and discovered that I really get your randomness. Although I hope it is MANY years down the road before either of us wears a dress and dark hose with sneakers.

annebabe said...

I'm just grateful to be part of your day. that is all.

woot woot for brownies. boo hiss for the dress/sneakers combo. I don't ever want to be a part of that.

Anonymous said...

That was a very comforting post for me. I love to hear that other people have random days and thoughts like me :) mmmmm....brownies

Natalie Nelson said...

Sounds like a very productive day for you especcially the browines for dinner part. Some day I will beable to eat chocolate again. Looking forward to seeing the whole Scheonfeld clan at thanksgiving.

whirligigdaisy said...

Ah. I love this post.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.