Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloweenfest- 2010.

One day of Halloweening is plenty for me.
This year we celebrated for a full week.
And I do mean FULL.
Yep, I'm really good with the fact that it
lands on a Monday next year and
we can just party our little hearts out all in one day.

So, here we go-
The Halloweenie Mother's recap...
(and let's face it, who am i kidding?
i'll say it loud and proud.
i really am a
halloweeni
e mother)

We started out the week with the traditional Monday
before Halloween pumpkin carving FHE.
This year my normally pumpkin carving loving husband
was not feeling the groove so much.
And definitely not finding the time to help carve 5 pumpkins.
So we opted for a
Girl's pumpkin
and a
Boy's pumpkin
Grant does a great scary pumpkin impersonation, btw.


As per any good Halloweenie mother's standards,
costumes were what ever you decide you want to be.
(...and we can dig up around the house and out of the Halloween box)

This year we had an interesting mix...

Grant.
Who celebrated
preschool and nieghborhood party #1
as a pumpkin.
Who,
after destroying said pumpkin costume at
preschool and neighborhood party #1,
then decided to be a bird.
And a darling little bird he was, indeed.
Until, of course, we attended the elementary school
costume parade
(which equals an hour of hard play time
on the playground equipment for the boy)

and neighborhood party #2.
By this point, well, let's just say the darling
little bird boy had done a bit of molting.
No worries!
On to our last costume of the season,
the trick or treating costume,
costume number three.
A ghost.
(see how that Halloween box just keeps giving?)
Umm, ya- I couldn't get a half decent picture of him.
He was very into character.

Elsie.
Elsie's costume was also a work in progress over the course of a few days.
Initially she wanted to be a vampire.
Then she wanted to be a vampire / prisoner.
But, in the end she just couldn't hide her true colors,
added a purse and some shades,
and became a vampire / prisoner / super model.


Lucy.
Goose's costume was a revival from last year.
Well, sort of.
She was an old lady last year.
She wanted to be an old lady again,
but since that's just crazy to repeat like that
she decided to mix it up a bit...
She told me she wanted to be
Ethel from I Love Lucy.
I told her I wasn't sure how to make that work.
NO WORRIES, she says to me,
I'll just make a sign.
I love the fact that
a) she never considered asking for a ride to school
and
b) she gave me much entertainment watching my
little old lady daughter ride down the street.
This next picture has nothing to do with Halloween.
It just makes me smile.
It's from Red Ribbon week,
Crazy hair and hat day.

Audrey.
Audz decided some time ago that she wanted to be a secret agent.
This was quite possibly the easiest costume ever.
She was a real trooper and took Lucy and her friend trick or treating.
Wow, I almost forgot night two of Halloween week...
Audrey's Orchestra Halloween Recital.
Another FULL night.
She's in there somewhere.
(Please, try to control your jealousy over me
and my amazing camera.)

Adam.
Adam talked his dad into driving down to Partyland Thursday
night on their way home from work.
He picked up this amazing wig and created a costume.
It was lovely.
Really.
But, Adam's favorite part of Halloween was this...
Sitting on the porch all night and freaking people out.
It was lovely.
Really.

Last, but certainly not least...
Mike.
He was clearly exhausted and must have been slightly
delirious because he put on this little number to take the kiddies
trick or treating.
Here's a little Mikey trivia for you..
The last time Mike wore that coat on Halloween
was 17 years ago,
the Howl at USU,
he went as a flasher,
he was
hoping to run into a little lady he had recently met,
someone we all know and love,
a certain
farm girl.
;o)

There.
Now, how's that?
Do you feel as worn out just reading
about it as I did after living it?

So long, Halloweenfest Week!!

8 comments:

jen said...

Your kids' costumes are great! They are so creative. I love the vampire/prisoner/super model combo! And, Lucy as Ethel...perfect! I wish I saw her riding her bike to school. She makes me laugh.

Way to go Mike for dressing up to take the kids trick or treating. That is a pretty sweet mullet!

staci said...

I'm with you - what a Halloween week it was. Glad it's behind us.

Your kids costumes are seriously awesome. I love how creative they all are. And I love that Grant got to wear 3 costumes! How fun is that??

Mike & the mullet. Hilarious.

Amanda said...

I love that Elsie girl couldn't hide her true colors! that is my girl! Add a purse and some sweet shades to any outfit and it just does something special to it- even if it is a vampire/prisoner. You know even they have to look nice to go out on the town to get some candy!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Here's what I love.
1. The idea of just 2 pumpkins! We didn't do any this year, because 5 was just too overwhelming!
2. The super model aspect add on...awesome!
3. Mullets. Wow.
4. Anything related to 'I Love Lucy' is awesome! It's my favorite show of all time. And I'm totally impressed that she even knew who Ethel is!
5. Your front porch. and your door. They're pretty.

andrea said...

I am also particularly fond of Lucy on her bike. I wish I would have seen it in person. Your costume box must be really amazing because these are some darn fine costumes. The fact that Grant alone had three leads me to believe that I need to come and see this box for myself!

Elder Salter said...

We, Ali and I, were having a great time reading your super fun posts. We love your style farmgirl! Great costumes.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss Mike with the mullet and flasher coat??? That is awesome! And I have to give Adam props, he officially freaked my kids out. They would not go get candy from him, I got to do that for them. I told Adam I would come and sit on his lap if he didn't give us treats....we got treats :)

stace said...

the stache kills me...really, it is too much. So funny!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.