Friday, February 12, 2010

An observation. By Elsie.

Tis the season for some Valentine-ing, you know.
If I was a super duper on the ball kind of a mother we would have accomplished this before this morning. Frankly, I didn't even see my elementary school girlies yesterday after I sent them on their merry way to school. It was a crazy, crazy day/afternoon/night for me.
Which leads us to the reason we are doing Valentine's this lovely morning.
I woke them up a tad early to give us some extra time.
My morning has some division. I like to call it Wave One and Wave Two. Sometimes, when I'm lucky, the little girls sleep until the big kids have already left for school, thus missing Wave One.
Anyhoo, those two lady's were knee deep in Wave One this morning because I told them they had to get dressed and have breakfast before we did Valentine's.
Wave One really resembles more of a hurricane than a gentle wave upon the sand.
In the midst of dishing up pancakes to the girls, which was also in the midst of listening the the two older children in a screaming match, which is also an integral part of Wave One; Elsie made an observation:

"We are NO Valentine family."

Thank you for pointing that out, Dear.
I hadn't noticed.

I guess we will have to work on that.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it. I really don't know what else to say! That Elsie girl, there to point it out to us all! Happy Valentines!!!

Hot Mom said...

giggle giggle

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am not the only one who doesn't have a Valentine family? Who knew. I am excited because for three years I had three waves. Now I am back to two. I love it when wave two sleeps in and misses wave one. Totally get that.

kelli said...

We aren't a Valentines family either, and I'm just so relieved to hear that we're not the only ones. Thanks for once again, making me feel normal.

jen said...

That is too funny!

staci said...

Your Elsie is one funny lady! I just love her! I get to teach her in primary again, did she tell you? She's too cute. She said something funny on Sunday, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me. If I remember, I'll have to pass it along. What a cutie.

Natalie Nelson said...

YOu may not be a Valentine Family but you are pretty good at hiding it. You guys are great. You and mike are my inspiration. I know you will laugh at that but you are really good parents.

Sarah said...

Now I'm curious-- what WAS the valentine plan so alluded to?

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.