Monday, February 8, 2010

My Birthday?

Not gonna lie...
I'm gonna give it to ya straight, People.
I was feeling a little like this...
Kinda scared and a little disturbed.

Not so sure I was feeling all that ready to be the big
3-5
Thirty five?
I mean, come on!
Thirty five used be old.
Back in the day, when I was footloose and fancy-free.

Well, my friends, the big 3-5 came.
And I'm here to tell you,
it's none too shabby.

You know, we'll see how the whole year plays out and all...
but the first day?
Not bad.
Because, seriously.
When you start the day with Bear Paw,
(where they serve the best hot chocolate. ever.)

and end it with chocolate cake...
(cake and decorating job compliments of my little chef, Audrey)
how wrong can you go??



And thanks to Mike I finally have my true feelings in writing.
What are the chances any one will listen?

Sooo, am I good to just say,
"Oh, I'm sorry? Is this a fight I'm hearing??
Yes, well, you will need to refer to the sign."
And then they will either

Be nice
or
GET OUT!

How awesome would that be??
Let's all hope and dream for the little birthday sign
to create a little birthday miracle.
And, just in case you are wondering...
I strategically hung it so that it is indeed pointing to the front door.

Hey, you don't get to be thirty five without learning a thing or two along the way.

11 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

Happy Birthday Mary Ann. I love the sign. Where in the world did Mike find that? I know you probably think of me as a spring chicken but When did Getting older happen. It's like BAM! How did I get this old? Your right, 35 isn't that old anymore (neither is 30 for that matter) when you are actually there. Have I made you feel Old yet? Sorry about that.:) Didn't mean to make that happen. Later.

Amanda said...

Well, since it is the day after your birthday, you are officially closer to forty now, right?!? Did I get that right? :) Looks like you had a great day! Any day that starts out with Hot Cocoa from Bear Paw is bound to be a great one! I heart that stuff. Well, hope you had a great one!

Fonzareli said...

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU?!!
Farmgirl.

Flawlessly
And
Religiously
Making
Gutsplitting,
Incomparable,
Right on the money
LAUGHTER!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!

You look great and your cardigan is super cute. I want it...

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wait a minute, does that mean that your birthday is Febuary 8th? I never knew that. Did you know that my brother Tom has that birthday and Andrew's wife Jessica has that very same birthday? What are the odds of that? I know very few people with the same birthday and now there are three very people in my very own family that were born on the same day of the year. Weird, huh?

Love the sign. Glad your day was great.

Hot Mom said...

I love love love your sign. I might be coveting it just a little bit. Just add that to my many faults...we already know I am a bad bad person.

Glad I could join in some of the birthday festivities

stace said...

wow...that first picture is AMAZING!!

Happy Birthday to an amazing girl...yes, you can still be called a girl at 35.

Sarah said...

I sorta remember 35-- (the year of the twins). I am pretty sure it was a good age to be; I think . . . it's all a little foggy.

Audrey Eliza said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!!!

jen said...

Glad you had a great birthday. I love the sign Mike made for you. I need one for my house too :).

Elder Salter said...

Happy Birthday! What a great accomplishment -35 years OLD. Let me tell ya because I've been there and done that, it only gets better -really. Love the cake -Audrey's pretty amazing, following in her mom's footsteps.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.