Monday, February 1, 2010

Does it seem strange to any one else...

that our Family Home Evening
ended with a group trip to the toitee?


Should it discourage me that we need to have lessons on flushing?
That Mike, being a plumber's son, actually took apart the toilet to explain to the young ones exactly how the throne works--hoping that it will make some sort of lasting impression?
Is that weird??

Mike and I are fairly normal, intelligent people.
Right?

When did this happen....???
How did we get here....???

We start out the evening with a lesson on being reverent,
feeling the spirit, showing love....followed by......
flushing the toilet?

It just seems wrong.
On so many levels.

And, yet, this is not the first time we have been over this.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

And, as you can plainly see from my photo documentation, it was very well received.





I'd like to take a moment here
to put in a plug once again
for the awesome parenting book
Mike and I are working on.
I think we will be calling this chapter
"Basics in being a Normal Member of Society".

8 comments:

annebabe said...

pre-ordering the book right now. Can I get a signed copy?

and thank you for raising normal members of society because I think some adults may have missed that crucial part of their own childhood. and by "some adults" I am referring to the individual at Brick Oven who couldn't seem to flush a load of crap. a very pleasant bathroom experience was had by all.

jen said...

That is hilarious! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at your FHE last night, LOL!

kelli said...

Ya, their faces tell it all! Haha....very funny! Do you think you could work out a little video demonstration and place it on you tube so I can use it next monday?

Amanda said...

Elsie seems to be receiving this lesson very well, Lucy seems quite disturbed by it, Adam seems to be taking it all in and really thinking about it, Audrey seems to be, well, if looks could kill...Grant seems as though it is all going right over his head and he is on to more important matters of entertainment and lastly, Mike seems to be one proud papa. Great FHE, just great. So proud that we are family. I think you should add an attachment to this post of the bathroom rules you have posted by the door handle. That, along with this FHE is about all you need. Fantastic!

Mom Nelson said...

Flushing...flossing...brushing...It never ends!

Amanda said...

MOM!! You exist! Now go and comment on mine, I feel lonely over there...

Hot Mom said...

I am still sad we were not included. I was not kidding when I told you the exact same lesson is needed at our house.

Sarah said...

I don't remember the flushing activity being included in the Reverence/Twinkie FHE lesson put out by Angie. Hmm. Guess I missed the fine print, eh?

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.