Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meet Oscar.


Our new dog.


And Mike's new best friend.
I'm not joking, the man is in love.


Because,
- seriously-
how can you not love a face like this?


Font size
Plus Audrey has already trained him so amazingly well that she felt she needed to video document it.
They have worked especially hard on the "Sit...." and "Stay....." part.
Yup, she's practically the dog whisperer.
No worries, I already know she's crazy.


~Here's Da Scoop~
Once upon a time there was a little boy named Mikey.
He grew up to be, well...pretty much...just a big boy.
{Personally, I still like to call him Mikey.}
Anyhoo, this little boy never had a dog.
:o(
But, if he did...
it would have been a Boxer.
Because--Hello?-- who doesn't know that Boxers are the coolest dogs ever?!?
So,
This little boy grew up and married me...
Apparently the biggest softy on the planet.
How do we know this?
There are a million reasons.
And I do mean at least a million.
One of the latest happens to be named Oscar.

What's a girl to do when the love of her life finds the dog of his dreams for the cost of free and someone else has already dealt with the dreaded-albeit incredibly cute-puppy stage?
She caves.


Now,
are you curious to know what reason one million and one is?
I'll give you a hint....
He's named Nelson.
His name comes from whence he hales.
As in, the 'Nelson' homestead.
Can you believe this darling little thing
(I'm referring to the kitten, not the boy--although he would of been happy to live in the old barn too.)

was living in the old barn on my parents farm?
It was a crying shame, I tell ya.
A crying shame.
and
I am the biggest softy on the planet.


Don'cha kinda wish you had me for a wife and/or Mother?

7 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I think my kids would gladly trade me for you. T

The problem is....you've gone and set 'expectations'! I mean, how are you ever going to say NO to anything now? Because now....you're the pushover, the weak link, the SOFTIE!!! Have fun with that! ha ha.

annebabe said...

I can't believe you now not only have one pet, but TWO pets. is the world coming to an end? Marissa has informed me when she grows up, she will have a dog, a kitty and a bullfrog for pets. She has recently accused me of not having enough pets in our house. Clearly, your children will now come over for netflix and I will send Marissa over to the Schoenfeld zoo, I mean house. ;)

Anneke said...

Um, ya, my kids would also love to have you as their mom. They've only been begging for a puppy for months now. But I'm not about to have a puppy AND a baby to take care of. So no way Jose!
But that is one cute dog! The cat, no way! I don't do cats.

Ya big ol' softie!!

stace said...

I really am shocked. shocked, I say.

Audrey is hilarious. She constantly gives me reason to chuckle.

Sarah said...

Didn't you have some other felines running around your house with the schoenfeld moniker? Did those outside cats make friends with the coyotes, so to speak? They still around? I might have to start calling your house 'the shelter' if you get over 5 pets.

The Schoeny-Shelter. Has a ring to it, ya' think?

jen said...

That video is hilarious. I love how Audrey tells Oscar to 'stay' when he is already staying and to 'come' after he is already running towards her! So funny. You are a good woman to take on those pets. Mike definitely looks like a happy camper with his dream dog!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I am SO glad I am not the only sucker alive! I am just glad that I am allergic to cats so at least I have that excuse. Though instead of the cat I had to bring home and set-up and install a swing-set (less maintenance than a cat I guess). I love boxers but, sniff sniff, two of ours growing up died of cancer.

Your family looks so happy and you already have him so well trained - your kids can come to my house and work with Lucy - she is OUT OF CONTROL!!

Enjoy!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.