Friday, July 24, 2009

just a little FYI.

I miss Mike.

We are no strangers to spending time apart. He has worked out of town numerous times over the course of our marriage. I have taken many a trip to my moms without him. He has been on more scout camps then I would care to count.

And yet, I still miss him.

Here's the thing, we have no communication what so ever. That is not so strange, we never do over scout camp. But, I don't normally stay in town. I guess I never realized how much easier being away and preoccupied makes this particular week of the summer.

We have a fairly traditional system around here. I take care of the house and the kids and everything that goes along with it. That's my job. And I like it that way. I might be a little neurotic about how I like things, so it's best if I get to be in charge. I guess what I am saying is that physically it's not all that big of a deal to have him gone.

But mentally and emotionally he completely takes care of me. Like I said, I tend to venture into the realm of neurotic- he deals with all my craziness like a dream. And he makes me laugh- a lot. Laugh out loud, laugh in disgust, he laughs with me, he laughs at me, all that good stuff. That man is absolutely one of a kind. He tells me all the time how boring my life would be without him.

He is positively 110 percent correct.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Earl spends long periods of time out of town for work. Most weeks there is at least one overnight stay in a bed other than our own, and several weeks in the summer he is only home on the weekends. Believe me when I say "I understand". It's not that I need help with the chores, it's that I need help with me! Here's hoping that your boyfriend makes it home quickly!

annebabe said...

single parenting sucks. :( I agree a zillion and ten percent with you. Its not the bathing, feeding, bedding down of small children (although, after a while it gets really old) but is the emotional loneliness that eats away at you. Just think, tomorrow is reunion day!!!

Kristina P. said...

My husband is out of town a lot too. But we always have phone communication. I don't know if I could go with NO communication.

stace said...

I hear ya. Tomorrow won't come soon enough.

Megs said...

It is really amazing what over a year of Josh being in Iraq has done to my perspective!!! It may sound weird, but if I hadn't had that experience of him being overseas- unreachable except through the red cross in case of emergency- I would have completely lost it over these past two years of him in Med School!
I totally get ya, I love my 'job' it is the hardest one in the WORLD!! Wouldn't trade it for all the business suits, briefcases, lunch meetings or cute shoes...(well, maybe not the shoes) in the world! ;)
You are certainly right, Mikey is the BESTEST!!! I can only imagine what a wonderful hubby and Father he must be! :D
I am guessing that he will be only too happy to see that beautiful smiling face of yours when he returns!!! ;)
Isn't it amazing how that husband can just kinda scrape what is left of your crushed spirit off of the floor give it a hug and a kiss and we feel 1000% better? Gotta love 'em!

Amanda said...

Man-
Yes I know I have been MIA for a while now, I'm back! Here's the thing, I am going to respond to your last three posts in this one because I am that far behind...
First: Your question about having you for a mom... Although it would be great, I know you would make me wear underwear while I ate my lunch and that is a dumb rule.
Second: Happy Birthday Mikey! I do agree, He really adds a lot to you! :]
Third: I think I can honestly say, no one will sympathize with you like I will about being apart from your lover! I know I can be a bit of a sissy with this topic, but I do understand that it sucks! I feel your pain. And Yes, also I understand that you have had it ten fold more than me, so next time Lando is gone, you will be hearing a lot from me!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.