Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cr-EYE-ckee!

Them's some big Tomatas
So, pretty much up to this point in my life all I have successfully grown is children.
Not any more, my friends, not any more.
Can you even believe the size of those plants?
(and can you tell how excited mike is to pose for me? what? i needed a reference point)
The St. George sun has been good to us.
:o)

We have cherry tomatoes coming out our ears.
And I quite like it.

It took me over 10 years to embrace the planting season here.
I know. Sad that I waited so long, right?
My little Cache Valley brain could not wrap itself around the idea
of planting anything in February.

Can't wait for next year to roll around now that we know what we are actually capable of.

Grow your self a garden.
It's a good thing.

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Thems some big maters, Farm Girl!!! I had a similar problem when we lived in Oregon--I just couldn't figure out why we had to get the gardening started in March. However, I did have some really sweet green beans and we won't even talk about my roses, I miss them too much!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

MMMM mmmm, I would love me some of them t'maters! I bet you could grow watermelon really well there.

Farmgirl....what an appropriate name!

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous! All of the green thumb-ness ran out before I had a chance to get any! I'm better at killing my plants than getting them to grow. Looks like yours are on their way to rival Jack and the Beanstalk! Nice.

Natalie Nelson said...

Congradulations!!! Those tomato plants are awsome. Maybe next year you will be brave enough to try corn (it should do great).

annebabe said...

I have greatly enjoyed the fruits of your labor. ;) Nothing, I repeat, Nothing beats fresh from the garden produce. You keep growing, I'll keep eating. I love our arrangement. :)

andrea said...

I am so super jealous. I have a dream of having a big, beautiful garden someday and less than zero knowledge in doing it. Could you maybe take pity on your poor vegetable-less neighbor next year? I mean I have that big spot where my swing set blew down ready and waiting...

Please?

jen said...

That is an impressive looking garden. Look how tall those plants are!! Next year we are definitely doing this. I will be calling you for tips and advice :). Way to go, Farmgirl!!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.