Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Lives: Under Construction

This sign has been hanging on Mike's door at his office for a long time.
(10+ years with Arnell-West)



It used to represent this...
(Southern Utah)
weird how they can't get a bid or keep a commercial construction company office open when there's only a measly 53 or so bidders per job. strange, real strange.




It now represents this....
(a desk we bought in college at the bid sale for a whopping $10)




Which is located here....
(Our front room)



Just a mere 15 feet from here....
(Mom's Domain)




Like this....see?




All so that we can make a go of this....
(Mike's new business venture + a few other irons in the fire)



We are excited about it! Hitting it hard, Baby! Already have some great leads and made our first dollar--suitable for framing.

Only for the next four short days. Then


Mi Amor will be spending a whole lot of time here....




Because of these....
(or more accurately, the lack there of)




Recovering without the help of any of these....
(namely the little gem we refer to as {insert Homer Simpson impersonation} 'LorrTabb'
-pesky opium drug addictions!)




Now, don't you all feel real sorry for her?....
(pity party invites pending)


My life as I knew it is definitely--Da Da Dun--under construction.
Good thing for me happiness is a choice.
Oh, and the fact that blogs are therapeutic.

22 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Lots of things going on! Good luck! You can do it!

annebabe said...

love it love it love it. this post i mean. :) the photos, the captions, all remarkable. the last one of you, well, it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh some more. really. that and homer simpson's voice in my head now. thanks.

stace said...

all I can think is that you just put together a really time consuming post. I think you should have another baby to fill all that free time over at your house.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Ya, what's with all the free time anyways? You're making the rest of us bloggers (or slackers of) look really bad.

Good luck with all. No more soap operas and bon-bons for you!

Sarah said...

Glad your drug of choice--blogging-- is there for you in this time of change.

Sarah said...

Embrace change.

Sarah said...

The time for change is NOW.

Sarah said...

Vote for Change

Sarah said...

“Change” versus “More of the Same”

Sarah said...

Change We Can Believe In

Sarah said...

It's about Time. It's about Change

Sarah said...

Stand for Change. Organize for Change.

Sarah said...

We are the change we’ve been looking for. Change can’t happen without you.

Sarah said...

Change in America doesn't start from the top down. It starts from the bottom up.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

lol! I love this post! It is the essence of Farmgirl. Thank you Mr. Handyman for the shot of those disgusting tonsils. I am here for you all the way, just let me know when you need a break from your construction site!

jen said...

Look at you! I am impressed with all your photos and captions. Good luck this week. Holler if you need anything. I am rooting for your new business venture! I am sure the hardest part of it all will be getting used to having your hubby home more often! He will do great!

bobbi said...

Good luck on this new venture-- (both of them!) and I'm so glad your Audrey is safe and sound!!!

Megs said...

I officially crown you....
QUEEN OF ALL BLOGS
for that very well thought out and documented post! :D
Tell Mikey...awwwwwww, what a lucky guy he is to have such a Vunder-Mama lookin' after him! If ANYONE can kick a new business' butt it is Mike...(of course that is only because he has you as back up!) OK my comments:

1. I love So.Utah...but the too many of the construction guru's of that are are MESSED UP! Mike will kick thier butts!
2. That desk is EXACTLY like the one my parents have!! HA!
3. At least you can keep an EYE on him, to keep him on task and out of trouble even as you run your kingdome from the kitchen...
4. ...which I love, I love your kitchen...jealous? ME?...yup.
5. Love the new logo, is that Mike's sillouette? SuperMike!!! Yeah!
6. Love the bedset, super cute!
7. Poor Mike...ice cream for his adorable, swollen, owwie-ness.
8. Loooooortab.....YAY!!!!
9. NOT FAIR..you get cuter with every new pic...
What
ever.
;)
Next time I am anywhere NEAR you I shall be calling- it is FAR past time for us to hang out my friend! :D
May the force be with you!!!!! :D

Natalie Nelson said...

I just read your commemts on my blog. You got me there about commenting on yours. I feel like I never have anything very clever to say. I will say though that all her detective work at school prepared her for getting the info on the licence plate of that car. Good going odds.

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Wow - sounds like a busy time in life! With things in the world as crazy as they are it is great to see the creativity in assessing it!

Best of luck with everything!!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Wow - sounds like a busy time in life! With things in the world as crazy as they are it is great to see the creativity in assessing it!

Best of luck with everything!!

Hot Mom said...

If your domain gets overcrowded, feel free to make some great smelling stuff in my domain...we all know I hardly use it.

Let me know if I need to bring Mike an ICEE.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.