Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Define: worst.

Conversation over heard at breakfast....


Lucy: Audrey, I had the worst day of my life yesterday! First, I was--

Audrey: Goose, it couldn't have been the worst day of your life. The worst day of your life would be when your grown up and have kids and your kids die. That would be the worst day of your life.

Lucy: Oh. Yeah. Okay. Okay, then the worst day of my school life. First, I was--

Audrey: No, Lucy. You didn't have the worst day of your school life either. The worst day of your school life would be if someone pants-ed you in front of the whole school. Now, that would be a bad day.

Lucy: Yeah, I guess it would.


So, for anyone having a bad day maybe you just need a little perspective brought to you by the likes of Audrey.
Look out Dear Abby, there's a new girl in town.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This made me giggle. It definitely puts things into perspective.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'll have to think of it that way next time I'm having a rotten day. It could definitely always be worse!

Amanda said...

I really cant decide which part of this is the funniest to me... Is it that Audrey has infinite wisdom? Is it that Goose completely buys into everything that Aud says? Is it the picture I have in my head of you ease dropping on your children and laughing to yourself while you make them pancakes? Hmmm...

Hot Mom said...

I have a friend who is a little bummed right now, and she likes "at least you are not this person" stories. I will make sure I share this with her.

jen said...

That is hilarious!!! I seriously can not stop laughing. Audrey cracks me up.

Fonzareli said...

Perspective. Right. Thanks for the reminder and double thanks for the giggles every time I read your posts. LOVE THEM!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I always need a little Audrey in my life. She is FUNNY and the best part of that is that she is totally unsuspecting of it. So what was Lucy's worst day? Also is that your sister Amanda that commented? And if is, where is your blog?

Jan Russell said...

Yay - I'm so glad you said hi! I love peeking in on your adorable family too :) And hello? Andrea can't use me as the excuse for her hiatus forever - tsk.

saramarilee said...

Well, coming from a girl who has had MANY near death experiences, I guess we can all see that she has a little more perspective on life than the average Joe. So, point well taken!

andrea said...

Maybe she needs her own blog? We could submit scenarios and she could tell us how we are supposed to react or something? Think about it...

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.