Monday, March 23, 2009

Has Anyone Seen Superman?

Noooo???
That is because he is living with me.
Sleeping in my bed. Eating big bowls Cream of Wheat--along with any other soft food he can get his hands on.
Drinking lots of apple juice in my kitchen. Using my bathroom as his phone booth. Leaping over the children in a single bound.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's
Super Mike!!

I am more than pleased to report that Mike's tonsillectomy went smoothly and his recovery has been surprisingly un-horrific.
(horrific is pretty much what I was expecting and bracing myself for)
I know, I know any of you experienced de-tonsiled people are saying, Oh Farmgirl...don't get too comfortable, you are only on day four and the worst is possibly--okay, okay
--probably--
yet to come, but so far so good! Hey, I'll take what ever I can get.
Gotta keep the positive juices flowing, right troops?!?

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad it all went well. It sounds like I need to have one, and just eat ice cream!

annebabe said...

way to go little miss positive attitude!! keep those good vibes coming. super mike, he's lucky that he shares a bed with wonder woman. :)

Hot Mom said...

I am afraid you are going to have to return the pity cupcakes. If there is no pity party, there can be no pity cupcakes!! :)

Natalie Nelson said...

I've seen Super Man. I live with him too. Super David. Nice to know Mike is doing so well. Keep your hopes up Mary Ann You've been through it before you should be a pro at it by now.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I love it when I get a farmgirl update. I can always count on a good laugh. Thanks!

farmgirl said...

Swim Mom-
If I told you he was up coughing and spitting up blood during the night, still snores and now has the NASTY NASTY tonsillectomy breathe would it make you feel better about the cup cakes? Or how about the fact that I LOVE THOSE CUPCAKES!! And I don't really care what brings them to me-just happy they came. :)
-Farmgirl

jen said...

OK, so it sounds like last night was not so good :(. I am sure he will pop right back up, though. Keep thinking positive! You got to love that disgusting tonsillectomy breath. Ick!

Sarah said...

yum . . tonsillectomy breath. My favorite fragrance.

Mer said...

Ahh the tonsillectomy memories . . . why didn't our parents just have them yanked out when we were small and could have blocked out the memories by now? My helpful hint - a glass of water by the bed, and drink as much as possible all night to keep things from drying out. No ideas on the breath thing though - sorry! Love the blog by the way - Amanda told me where to find you:)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.