Sunday, November 23, 2008

There's how many weeks until Christmas?

Five you say, well then, I may be in trouble. It has been really busy around here lately and shows no sign of stopping. In fact I need to kick it in to over drive for the next 20 or so hours. My darling husband set up a meeting in Provo on Tuesday, which means we are leaving tomorrow. TOMORROW. Now, in his defense I will say that he did tell me a couple of weeks ago he had to go to Provo on either a Tuesday or Thursday. In a moment of obviously poor judgement I said that the Tuesday before Thanksgiving might work out. Done and done. Next thing I know we are on our way tomorrow. I did talk him into waiting until late afternoon.

I failed to take into consideration that we had his family here all last week. Not conducive to accomplishing a lot of things. Then I found out I had to speak in Sacrament meeting today. Again- family all week- not conducive to accomplishing a lot. So after a week of not much getting done and a Saturday cram session to prepare a talk I am way behind on a whole bunch of stuff.

Tonight is a laundry/packing/present wrapping/list making frenzy. This is one of those Sunday nights were the line between appropriate vs. inappropriate Sabbath day activities is getting a little blurred. (I am really resisting the urge to clean my little heart out.)

And realizing that Christmas will be here like 5 minutes after we say amen on Thursday is kind freaking me out. I will say that I am actually really excited to go up for the big Holiday kick off. The best news is that for the better part of a week we get to just sort of hang out (one of the perks of not being in my own house). Sounds fabulous to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

staci said...

Safe travels you guys!! Happy Turkey Day to ya!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

That's how I'm feeling. But I can say that I completely kept the sabbath day today...since I did absolutely NOTHING! I figure, what would Monday be without a whole house to clean, laundry to do, dishes to wash (ya, I'm leaving dishes in the sink over night. Gross, hu?), and kids who probably forgot to do their homework so we'll get to do it in the morning before school! Sounds like a typical Monday at my house!

Have a great trip! kelli

annebabe said...

glad i am not the only panic stricken holiday shopper. and i feel exactly the same way, christmas will be here in 5 minutes. can i say again how glad i am you have a blog? i am just loving mary ann at any time, day or night. you are a click away my friend.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.