Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolates 2010. Day One.

From the trenches.
After 14+ hours of candy making I am almost too tired to form complete sentences.
This was a long day.

Some good things:
-My kids are beyond thrilled. Tis the season and they are oh so excited about the chocolateness of our house.
Yes, they are truly mine.
-In the process of checking a really big item off the Christmas time 'to do' list.
-Speaking with me madre three
(was it three? honestly i'm so tired i can't remember--at least three)
times today on the phone.

Some not so good things:
-Having the first center of the day not work and needing to recook it.
*good news, in the end it turned out great*

-Needing to threaten to chop Grant's finger off if he touched the center again while I was beating it.
-Dropping a 10 lb block of chocolate on my little toe.

My brain is far too close to the state of mush to muster much more.
As Scarlett would say, Tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Our chocolates 2010 (btw, yours says 2011- you need sleep my dear) day one went, I dare say a little smoother than yours. We got Sara's done today, made and dipped. Really, I didn't do much so I say "we" quite boldly. Tomorrow we will crank out a lot I think. Good Luck sis and nice work facing the chocolates on your own, I am WAY impressed! No one knows the work that goes into these tasty little morsles. Oh, and just in case tomorrow your list of not so good things gets longer, you may need to recall something that Rhett Butler would say. Good Luck!!

Hot Mom said...

This post saddens me greatly. That is all I can say right now. I am much to emotional.

farmgirl said...

Ummm...thanks Manda Moo- I was a little tired last night. No need to jump a head a year. 2010 it is!

I am ready for the day....!! After a much needed sleep things are looking up. I decided to wait to dip until tomorrow morning, I'll get everything shaped and ready to go today...Dipping is where the party's at. Being elbow deep in chocolate is what life is all about. :o)

jen said...

14 hours?! You are amazing! Seriously. And your chocolates are divine. Mmmm...

Natalie Nelson said...

I love this time of the year when the chocolate craze is on. I'm only sorry you weren't up our way this year like last. Good luck creating all the chocolatey goodness on your own.

staci said...

I love that despite the amount of work this is, you still love to do it. We all (your neighbors) greatly appreciate it! :) And yes, being elbow deep in chocolate all day is a pretty good day I think too!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.