Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chocolates 2010. Day Four and Five.

Well friends, I am done.
Done with the big stuff anyway.
Still have a few batches of toffee to make for the family.
I'm just gonna go ahead and shoot straight with you...
this was an off year for me.
The Caramel Curse of 2010 nearly did me in.
But I didn't let it get the best of me--
I fought on! And in the end I prevailed!!

And now, after a very long week of candy making
and a very lovely book group fondue party
held last night
hosted by yours truly, featuring the
famous Chinese table,
where I was able to share the chocolate bounty
with a Pack of Chicks I adore
I am more than ready for a long winter's nap...
could someone tell my kids??



P.S.
I heard through the grapevine that
Adam said that my chocolates
are the best part of Christmas.
If my kids think that then it is all worth it.
Because when I was growing up,
I felt the same way.

Yes, Virginia, Chocolate does Rule the World.


7 comments:

annebabe said...

If any post ever needed a theme song, its this one! I can hear Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive" loud and clear. take that caramel curse! and I'm ready for the long winter's nap too, lets pencil that in this week.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

You go girl. Personally I really hate caramel curses also. What it up with that?

Audrey Eliza said...

I am making my oun chocolate batch next year starting with the Brazil Nut Roll(My own invention I am proud to say) and I am up-to-Date with my blog now! farmgirljunior.blogspot.com
go there and if you need to get in just email me at you guessed it farmgirljunior@gmail.com

jen said...

You were definitely the hostess with the mostest! Your Chinese table was so fun. Thanks for sharing your chocolate bounty! They were divine!

Anonymous said...

The chocolates were definitely worth it....mmmmmm. Someday I will have that talent! You deserve your nap!!

stace said...

:(

El Scorcho said...

I R patiently waiting.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.