Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SYTYCD critiques from a six year old.

Alright, so when the conversation first started with Elsie I thought it would be a funny status on face book. Not so much when she just kept cracking me up....

~Kathryn dances~
Elsie: "Mom, is that dress immodest?"
Me: (answering in my usual sytycd is on way, and by that i mean basically ignoring my children) "Ya, I guess."
Elsie: "So, would you be arrested if I wore that?"
Me: (doing a double take now) "Would I be arrested?"
Elsie: "Ya, you. For me wearing that?"
Me: "No, Weirdo."

~Elanor dances that techno dance~
Elsie: "Well, that's a strange dress. And a weird dance."

~Elanor dances the passadoble'~
Elsie: "Well, your too old to dance that one Mom."
Me: "Too old?"
Elsie: "Ya, and I don't think you are skinny enough to wear that dress any way."
Me: "Gee, thanks." (i'm a little discouraged now cuz i was planning on running out and getting that dress tomorrow. bummer.)
Elsie: (putting her hands on my waste) "Well...is that girl skinnier than you??"

~Ashliegh dances with Jakob~
Elsie: "Ohhhh, that's a pretty dress. Would you let me wear that to play in the back yard?"
Me: (in my brain) "Sure, because we often wear ball gowns to play in the back yard."

So, just in case you aren't already a huge fan of So You Think You Can Dance, you should watch it with Elsie because she makes it all that much better.

Let's just keep the fact that she was watching it with me so that we could mute it during the commercials so that she could read to me in order to get her reading done, between you and me. Mmmkay? Thanksomuch.
What? Don't judge. I was on single parent duty tonight. And minus one oldest child.

*p.s. note to self: a dvr/tivo whatever it is thing would most likely improve parenting skills. possibly only marginally.

10 comments:

kelli said...

I watched it with my 5 year old too. She wanted to know if ??? and ???? (I can't remember exactly which two, but they ended their dance with a almost kiss), were married. Because that's not allowed unless we're married. I sure hope she keeps thinking that way!

Kristina P. said...

My DVRs (2) have saved my life.

I sort of teared up a little when Ashleigh and Ryan danced. I could just feel how that must be to be able to dance with your spouse in that setting.

annebabe said...

her commentary is priceless, I would much rather listen to her than the judges! :)

Hot Mom said...

My kids are so much happier on Tuesday nights now that The Biggest Loser is over. I actually watched a Christmas show with them. I should get one of those TIVO/DVR thingys too.

Amanda said...

Oh my freaking heck! I am laughing so hard! Mom and Dad walked in while I was reading this and had to come see what I was looking at that was so funny. Your Elsie girl is one funny chicka. I don't know about you, but I often wear Ball Gowns to do my housework. It makes me feel pretty and I clean better, you should try it. I know I wont be able to do it for long though, seeing as how soon I'm sure I will be too old or not skinny enough to pull it off...One last thing, I'm not ashamed to admit it--I may or may have not shed a tear or two when Ashleigh and Ryan danced. It was so amazing. Okay, maybe just one more thing. Legacy should have been in the final show. Okay, thats all. Loved your post and your funny little Elsie girl. Miss you!

whirligigdaisy said...

Too funny. I argue that ARE skinny enough. That is unless you ate all 2000 pieces of those chocolates you made. Yeah. Didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

I too love SYTYCD! I need an Elsie partner to watch it with...

Natalie Nelson said...

Never would I have thought to ask those kinds of questions. It says something about those awsome parenting skills of yours and the fact that some things you tell them really are sinking in. Glad to hear your children aren't boring.

jen said...

I totally need Elsie to come over when SYTYCD is on. She is hilarious! I was so happy with the outcome of this season!!! And, I must say that having a DVR is very nice. No more shushing the kids every five minutes when my shows are on :).

andrea said...

I love the idea that YOU would be arrested based on Elsie's fashion choices, LOL. I love her. I love all of your kids. They are funny ones. I don't know what I would do without my DVR. I haven't even had a chance to start which this season of SYTYCD yet. Now I can't wait though! Sounds like a good one.

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.