Sunday, December 13, 2009

Installment Three: The Big Event.

This is it friends. The end of the exciting on going saga of my super adventurous trip.
I'll give you a moment to try to pull your selves together....
Are you all okay now? Good.
Let's get on with it then, shall we?

First of all, you should know that Amanda is weird. No one brings out the weird in me like Amanda does. In fact, when our brother agreed to run the Wasatch Back with us next year his exact words were, "I'll do it only if you two won't be weird." Ya, right, good luck with that.
....Any hoo, here's Amanda 'observing' Molly beating her mint center.

Just because I love you all and clearly I have no shame, here is a picture of me beating a center for my mom. Please, don't judge my obvious pudginess. I already told you my mom is a fantastic cook. And it was chocolate week. And I am wearing bare minimum 6 layers of clothing. What? Idaho is cold. I know my beauty is amazing. Try not to hate me, look past your jealousy and love me for what's on the inside. :) Which, at the moment, is a lot of wintery-good comfort stuff.

Here's Molly pouring out a center. I suppose that I have done this in kind of a backward order...oh well, you'll just have to deal. Please ignore the fact that Molly looks so pulled together and presentable. Let's pretend like everyone there looked like me....a little scary.

This is my sister in law, Very Pregnant Natalie, dipping. Very Pregnant Natalie did not want me to take too many pictures of her. Might I toss in this little tidbit? I could NOT be happier with my brothers spouse choices. They all married VERY well. Nice job, Boys. It was so fun to spend time with all my sisters in law as well.

And finally here is a sampling of some of the deliciousness that were created that magical week.
All told, we figured that with all of us (Me, my mom, sisters and sister in laws) we dipped:
-over 70 pounds of chocolate
-well over 2000 pieces of candy
-weighing in at at least 160 pounds

Now, THAT is a LOT of chocolatey goodness.

Your welcome, World. We do what we can.
Some people strive for world peace,
Others just try to make the world a little bit sweeter place to be.
:o)

10 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

Yey, I am the first to comment. The pictures look good enough to eat. I think I will go and have one of mine right now. Thanks for not getting a fill body shot in that one pic. I wouldn't want anyone to see what I look like sitting. No one else would want to see that either;). All I can say is that in a little less than 3 weeks and it will all be good again.

kelli said...

Oh how I wish I was your neighbor, because I'm pretty sure you're going to be sharing some of that sweet goodness with them. Yum-meee!

And wow-I sure hope that my boys marry as well as my brothers did! I really want daughters-in-law that are as awesome as my sisters-in-law!

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering just looking at those! I am very jealous of your chocolate filled week, it sounds like a dream that I often have!

Amanda said...

Oh Mary Ann- You bring out the weird in me just as much as I in you. Richard, I'm afraid, will not get his wish for the run... Thanks so much for posting such a flattering photo of me. I know that you are really trying not to hate me and really focusing on looking past your jealousy and trying to love me for what is on the inside....Seriously, such a fun week. Thanks so much for everything-and I am pretty sure you know what I mean by that! ;) And also for not judging me with my text yesterday along with my mini crisis. Wow, I think I have issues....Anyways, couldn't agree more with our brother's choice in lovers. They fit right in, which, is actually kinda scary! There is just one last thing to cover; what noises did your chocolates make? Mine were something like...homeny herr.

jen said...

Mmmm....those chocolate look delish! I enjoyed all three installments from your fun filled week. I am glad your family survived while you were gone and that you husband appreciated you all the more!!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I love your chocolates....I love the way you look when you make chocolates....6 layers of clothing and all. I loved eating some of your chocolates today! You are the best.

andrea said...

I don't know which I love more...the idea of all that chocolate or the picture of you making said chocolate. I love, love both!

andrea said...

PS--and I still LOVE the name Molly.

annebabe said...

chocolatey goodness EQUALS world peace. duh.

I had successfully hidden your plate of chocolates but then Travis found it. Dang. And then he started eating toffee which meant that I had to start eating toffee because, by golly, he was NOT going to eat all of it. So even though I already had eaten my personal quota for the day of Mary Ann's chocolate (yes, I have to ration) I HAD to eat the toffee or else he would have eaten all of it and I might have cried.

stace said...

mmm...yummy!!

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.