Friday, December 11, 2009

Installment Numero Dos.

And here we have Idaho,
So, I went to my parents house for the candy extravaganza.
I love it there.
No, seriously, I LoVe being there.
If ever I have some sort of terminal illness and I need some solace and peace,
take me there.

Plus, my mom is a fantastic cook.
I eat a lot of food at her house.
And I do mean
A LOT.


Got Milk?
They sure do.
Aren't cows great?

Those little dots out there that you can't really make out because-I-was-too-cold-and-too-lazy-to-walk-out-into-the-field-to-get-a-better-picture-of-Ya, those are sheep.
Every winter the sheep come to town.
Well, okay, not town exactly, but they do come to the fields.
I love it when the sheep are there.
They come and stay on the land for a little while and graze in the fields.

Wanna know a little secret?
I think being a sheep herder would an okay job.
I mean, if I didn't have this whole Mom/Wife thing going.
You could live in that cozy little trailer,
read to your hearts content,
enjoy a lovely cup of hot choco curled up with a book,
have a couple of fantastic dogs to keep you company,
travel all over,
walk every day through the sheep
and enjoy the fresh air.
It doesn't sound so bad.
Solitude sure seems like it would be a beautiful thing.
I wouldn't know,
I haven't had any in over fourteen years.
Not complaining, just saying...

Alright, tis the season to be busy so that's it for this installment
of Farmgirl's Idaho Winter Adventure.

7 comments:

kelli said...

Really? A sheep herder? A farmer...maybe. You get to have solitude all day and then you get to come home and sleep in your own bed (unless the pipe need to be moved, or the cows get out, or it's hay hauling season), but a sheep herder???? That would be like babysitting a couple hundred kids.

annebabe said...

Lets run away and be sheep-herders together! The whole reading/hot cocoa solitude thing sounds fabulous. And I love Idaho, being a dairy farmer's grand-daughter (and a dairy farmer's niece) my affection might rival yours. I actually think the smell of cows is homey and comforting and not gaggy. call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first.

Natalie Nelson said...

Love the pictures. It feels like home.

bobbi said...

Beautiful. I have to agree about the sheep herder-- I have to agree!

Hot Mom said...

I totally started singing the Idaho theme song when I read this.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

It does feel like home to me too. Have you heard I am making plans to be buried in Fairview. I love Preston sooo much. I have not been a very big plan of Vegas, but I will be here forever, so my consolation prize is to be burried in Cache Valley. I can' wait, it will be awesome.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

OK I meant to say fan of Vegas, in that I really have pretty much hated living here for 12 years, but since it is not going to change, I am trying to change my attitude. But seriously knowing that I will get out when I die, well that will make things better. :)

Google Analytics

Peeks last week...need this for noncommentors. Lame. commenting is cool.